DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How To Drive This Thing Ram 1500 Express Best 0-60

7K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have tried my best to get the best 0-60 out of my brand new 2012 ram express 1500 .

i tried it in d , then in manuel 1st , then with tow haul & traction .

the best that i ran was 6.8 , this seems kinda slow for me because i seen
all over the web people claiming there doing a'lot quicker stock .

so i don't know if that's bs or if i just hit on a slow truck ?

i would really appreciate all your guy's help because this is itching me like crazy !

Here Are All The Details For My Truck

2012 Ram 1500 Express
Regular Cab with 5.7 Hemi
2wd with six speed tranny
Los Angeles Ca , Weather = 75
Brand New With 300 Miles When Tested
91 Octane Gas
100% stock

See less See more
#4 ·
Tony,

That time does seem a bit slow. I am not so sure a stop watch will give you perfect results so that may be a part of the issue. My best results are done with traction control off. I launch at idle (so I don't spin off the line) with the transmission in 2nd (the truck will automatically shift to second anyhow). I will run second gear all the way to about 6,300 rpms then upshift to 2nd prime. I will do the same for 2nd prime, 6,300 rpm then shift to third 3. The speed limiter kicks in shortly after this. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
THanks for all your guys input , but I feel like I just got a slow one !

I'll wait untill I get a few thousand miles on it and then hopefully
I'll break it in !!

If that don't work I'll disconnect the bettery & do thy pedal trick and
If all els fails I'll take it to the dealer and do a PCM flash .

I think 6.8 2 60 Is slow for a regular cab with hemi .

I had plans for all tue bolt Ons and chip but if this truck
Is just a slow one then I'm not gonna bother .

It's a bad start & no fun !!

#8 ·
91 octane is really slowing you down. Your truck is designed for 89 octane and a slower burning 91 is not helping your cause at all.

Second, your truck is new. Give it a few thousand miles and you will get faster.

Couldn't hurt to recalibrate your peddle like you said. I've noticed it makes a difference every now and then.

#10 ·
Get it to the track, see what your 60' times are. If you can hit 2.0sec or better and break into the 14's in the quarter mile, your doing fine. Gotta get it broken in also. My truck weighs 5985 lbs at the track with my ass in it and I spray a 100 shot and I've never broken the 2 sec barrier in 60'. Line up against someone else with a truck like yours at the track, bet your truck runs just fine.

#12 ·
Put the watch down and line that hemi up with any other truck in your town.

#14 ·
Chris is right hands down you will smoke any make or model truck in your town. Besides that your ECM is programmed to burn 87 octane most all cars today are minus high end and really high performance such as a vet or so forth. Now if you want to feel the true power get a tuner and dial down the torque management. Then you will get that wow factor you looking for.

#17 ·
Do you have a tuner or anything done to you R/T? Im asking because I've run with 4door srt10 and it was close to close to call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.