DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 Classic Express Crew Cab 5.7L Hemi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Dodge drivers!

I'm on my 2nd Ram 1500 (2021 Crew Cab 4x4 in Patriot Blue) and it has the Flat Floor option in the rear. How can I lift the flat floor to access the under rear seat storage? The floor storage bins aren't big enough for all the stuff I carry.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't have the storage bins that's in the floor but I do have two spots after lifting the rear seat up on each side..I keep my dash wipes and glass wipes in one side and my ratchet straps on the driver's side..I want the in floor storage but didn't come with it!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2015 Big Horn had under seat storage that had a cover that would fold out and create a flat floor with the seat bottom folded up.
The 2019 Laramie that I replaced it with does not have that type of storage, nor is it available.
There was a small bin that was an option when ordering a new truck but it does not appear to be available for retrofit.
Also when using that you do not have a flat floor.
I do have the in floor or below floor storage bins and had them in the older truck also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Loved the under floor storage bins..my 2012 ram sport does not have them but both of my corvettes did...was awsome!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What under seat storage?
Lift the rear seats and there's usually two bins, one on each side. I have those bins in mine but the flat floor folds on top of them.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi fellow Dodge drivers!

I'm on my 2nd Ram 1500 (2021 Crew Cab 4x4 in Patriot Blue) and it has the Flat Floor option in the rear. How can I lift the flat floor to access the under rear seat storage? The floor storage bins aren't big enough for all the stuff I carry.

Thanks for any advice.
The fold flat floor covers the under seat bins and is held down with elastic straps. Lift the lower seat cushion and then unsnap. The floor lifts up to the rear and also acts as a lid over the bins. Not sure why you are having issues, it's pretty self explanatory. Are you 100% sure you have the option? On the 1500, it's only available on the Classic and with the premium seat option. The split rear seat will fold up 60/40. Another quick way to know is if you have a front power seat, you should have the rear folding floor.

At 3:05 in the video, it shows how the Classic truck fold floor works. Operation is also in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fold flat floor covers the under seat bins and is held down with elastic straps. Lift the lower seat cushion and then unsnap. The floor lifts up to the rear and also acts as a lid over the bins. Not sure why you are having issues, it's pretty self explanatory. Are you 100% sure you have the option? On the 1500, it's only available on the Classic and with the premium seat option. The split rear seat will fold up 60/40. Another quick way to know is if you have a front power seat, you should have the rear folding floor.

At 3:05 in the video, it shows how the Classic truck fold floor works. Operation is also in your owners manual.

I managed to figure it out today - you're right about the elastic straps! However, in my defence, the truck came equipped with the optional floor mats - that hide the elastic straps quite nicely.......:LOL:

·
Registered
'21 Blk Bighorn 4x4-5.7 hemi eTorque-Night Edition-level 2, 12"uconn-9 spkr, pan sunroof, pwr steps
38 Posts

damn that's so cool ass seat storage. I have the floor bins and flat area under the seat. Nice rear seat options....

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 2019 Bighorn only has the flat floor with the two side bins. All I really wanted. We need the flat floor to be able to place several totes we load up back there when we go camping or travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts