DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is my attempt to help the newer members save time while getting to the Profile Messages and the Newbie Intro threads at the same time. Sorry you will have to click on the picture to enlarge it to see my notes on it. I hope it helps out.

Now the following is in the Newbie Intro Thread Section.

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should see it when I do a page of each at one time. Just tabs and tabs and more tabs but it works and it is fast. You can do 20 profile and intro's in 5 minutes

·
Administrator
53,078 Posts
Nice tutorial, thanks for putting that together! I'm never on here without at least 4 tabs open at any one time, makes multi-tasking so much faster and efficient!

- Cajun

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OOOH I made a thread worth being a STICKY!!!! You know I wasn't sure about it because you put something together and if it is something you already do you aren't sure if others see it the same way or will understand your way. If others have tips for this lets share them.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I kinda do that. With the profile messages, I do the join date, then tab to bring the newest first. While I'm doing this, I'm either playing poker on another page at home or I'm banging out a new design at work, so although I have to wait the 15 seconds, I'm usually busy during the 15+ seconds making a play or a new A/V system. And with the Newbie Check in page, I like to put a little personal touch on it, especially if they use their name or talk about just buying a new Ram. I did use your tutorial, I just put my own tweak on it. Thank you for the help.

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger that is great to hear about a personal touch. A personal touch I have used (taking from brad12kx) You can use the intro threads to hit profiles as well. Enter the thread click on name and go to profile. Leave your profile message while there click on About me tab, get members first name then back out to the intro thread and direct the message to them by name.

Of course this is if they have filled out this information

·
Administrator
53,078 Posts
I use their name in their newbie thread if they post it. If they don't but have it listed in their "About Me," I don't. Guess me being a private person, I tend to respect others' privacy as well and don't call them out by name unless they introduce themselves as such. Yeah, I'm weird lol.

- Cajun

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Great tip Shawn, thanks.

Cajun, if you weren't weird, you wouldn't be you. Thanks for being weird. Makes us other weirdos feel right in place.

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use their name in their newbie thread if they post it. If they don't but have it listed in their "About Me," I don't. Guess me being a privaerson, I tend to respect others' privacy as well and don't call them out by te pname unless they introduce themselves as such. Yeah, I'm weird lol.

- Cajun
Very good point Cajun I never thought of it that way. If iI don't want my name known I don't fill it out but others might not be the same

·
Banned
56,675 Posts
I don't address people I don't know by name as well. It is weird. I also don't like people addressing me by my name (i.e. work) when I don't know them. Breeds a false sense of familiarity and I don't like it. Having been stalked by a cop years ago privacy is a big thing for me.

·
Administrator
53,078 Posts
^^^ I know nothing of being stalked by a cop and a psycho one at that! :LOL:

-Cajun

·
Administrator
41,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This link should bring up the newest Member Profiles listed first
This link should bring up the newest Intro Threads by Thread start time listed first

Let me know if there is an issue with the links I hope they work

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
This link should bring up the newest Intro Threads by Thread start time listed first

They work Fantastic :smileup:

What are the chances of making them a STICKY and locking them
so they would stay at the top of the MRM & Staff threads so they are
easy to find :)

·
Super Moderator
34,309 Posts

The intro threads link pulls up the same list of newest members that the newest member profiles link pulls up :4-dontknow:

Is it doing that for anybody else or am I the only one?

·
Administrator
53,078 Posts
You're right, doing the same for me, just brings up the list of new members.

- Cajun

1 - 20 of 28 Posts