DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would start a thread asking members what they thought of their new 2012 Ram as far as Paint, Panel fit and Interior workmanship. My QC Laramie is about as nicely done as any vehicle I've ever seen. The paint is darn near perfect with Black/Silver and all the panels/doors/fenders fit very well. The 2 tone Brown leather interior is so nice and very comfortable. I get comments every day from strangers about what a sharp truck it is. So let's see some comments from members about what they think of theirs in regards to quality.:smileup:

Thanks,

Jim in Pa:wavey:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
75 views and nobody wants to say anything good or bad about their new Ram?

Jim in Pa:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Must be that everyone looking has an older Ram & also want to know the answer

my Ram is 3 years old later this month
Seems like just last week, it went to one customizing shop after another for the next 4 months. Then i started driving it for real in July '09. No companies were making the parts, so i had local shops make them.

If the 2013s are what i hope they will be, i will likely be doing it again soon.
I will know for sure within 4 1/2 months

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got just under 3k on mine and so far so good. The paint is pretty much perfect and after a wax job with "black in a box" it looks even better. No complaints about engine or tranny so far.

The only things I don't like are the interior lighting, easily solved with some well placed led's, and I've noticed that there seems to be some connectors missing in the wheel wells. Over all though this truck seems to be built very well. I love it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a theory about the alleged missing fender well screws. I notice that the holes that don't have a screw are identical from left to right on both the front and rear fender wells. What are the odds of that happening if they didn't intend for those particular holes to be left vacant. I think the holes might be for some type of factory or aftermarket fender flare setup or some other intended use. While installing my Husky splash guards, I studied these missing screw holes. The inner fender liner is rigidly in place without these extra screws. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over this issue. It's quite possible that some are actually missing necessary screws.

On the overall quality and function of my '12 Express, so far I couldn't be happier. When I was truck shopping at the end of last year, I was shocked at the prices of the different manufacturers like GM, Ford, and Toyota. I hadn't bought a new truck since 1989. I was equally shocked when I found this truck for $20,200 final price, brand new. Nice interior, nice paint, good finish overall...impressive. The performance and towing ability...amazing. Maybe people who don't use pickups for real truck use and drive high zoot luxury cars, they might be disappointed with the tranny shifting and some other issues you see mentioned occasionally here. I find the truck to be somewhat amazing for the inherent quality and performance when you consider the value for price.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I have no complaints about my 2012... Its more luxurious than my BMW 540 Msport was, and can tow waaay more than my Tacoma... And its my daily driver... 5000kms in - all good! If I had any complaints it would be the gas mileage but I knew that going in ... there's no replacement for displacement!
Ill pay to play!

·
Registered
418 Posts
No complaints so far. I have about 3400 miles on mine. Paint is good quality, much better than my Challenger. Feels and handles like a solid truck. I get compliments on it regularly, about as much as I do in the Challenger. The quality matches the looks. *knock on wood*
I feel like Chrysler is putting out good products

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have to say every time I get in mine I smile. The interior is so nice. Big upgade compared to the 04 ram I traded. Today was the first wash since I bought it 2600 miles ago. Really looked it over and its a great looking truck. The fit and finish great. Dodge steped it up for sure. The only thing I noticed is the metal is thin compared to the 04. I guess this is a wieght/fuel savings attempt.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I thought I would start a thread asking members what they thought of their new 2012 Ram as far as Paint, Panel fit and Interior workmanship. My QC Laramie is about as nicely done as any vehicle I've ever seen. The paint is darn near perfect with Black/Silver and all the panels/doors/fenders fit very well. The 2 tone Brown leather interior is so nice and very comfortable. I get comments every day from strangers about what a sharp truck it is. So let's see some comments from members about what they think of theirs in regards to quality.:smileup:

Thanks,

Jim in Pa:wavey:
I agree, while I do not have a laramie, My SLT has hands down the best interior when compared to similarly equipped F150's and silverado's. The ram is to trucks what cadillac was to cars in the 50's/60's. The envy of the truck world. The interior on the Laramie Longhorn is Class-Leading.

You also pay for that interior at a hefty premium. For nearly $60,000 that it costs for a laramie longhorn, the interior could still be improved a little...but not much.

I have a theory about the alleged missing fender well screws. I notice that the holes that don't have a screw are identical from left to right on both the front and rear fender wells. What are the odds of that happening if they didn't intend for those particular holes to be left vacant. I think the holes might be for some type of factory or aftermarket fender flare setup or some other intended use. While installing my Husky splash guards, I studied these missing screw holes. The inner fender liner is rigidly in place without these extra screws. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over this issue. It's quite possible that some are actually missing necessary screws.

On the overall quality and function of my '12 Express, so far I couldn't be happier. When I was truck shopping at the end of last year, I was shocked at the prices of the different manufacturers like GM, Ford, and Toyota. I hadn't bought a new truck since 1989. I was equally shocked when I found this truck for $20,200 final price, brand new. Nice interior, nice paint, good finish overall...impressive. The performance and towing ability...amazing. Maybe people who don't use pickups for real truck use and drive high zoot luxury cars, they might be disappointed with the tranny shifting and some other issues you see mentioned occasionally here. I find the truck to be somewhat amazing for the inherent quality and performance when you consider the value for price.
If you look at an SLT, you will notice it likely doesnt have fender flares. Then look at a laramie with the fender flares. You will see the extra holes are there for the Mopar Flares that come stock on the Laramie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1300 miles on my 2012 and it seems to be a way better truck than the 2 chevy trucks I have owned. True Blue paint looks good, no issue with fit of parts and love the room in the quad cab interior.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine is darn near perfect. The paint has the typical factory orange peel that you see on every brand but other than that I cant find any flaws. The interior is a work of art!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have only 253 miles on my 2012 laramie and for me its the best of both worlds,nice and quiet when you want and is very willing to play with a lil throttle nice pipes.only fix was a factory fender flare was warped and they got me a new one and is in the body shop for paint.cant wait for sat.and a lil 300 mile road trip.the ride is super compared to my 09 ram 2500 i traded in.all the interior gadgets are way cool.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well so far guys it's nice to hear only great comments about our new Rams. I think Chrysler has done a good job and listened to their past Ram owners. As we put more and more miles on our trucks we should revisit this thread and find out if everyone still feels the same. Any new replies, please state your mileage. Mine is 3850. Thanks for all the replies!

Jim in Pa:smileup::smileup::smileup:

1 - 20 of 248 Posts