DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any reviews (good or otherwise) from folks using HP Tuners? Diablo is taking far too long and wont even give an ETA on when they are gonna be available for 2018 models.

Cheers
James

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am using hptuners on my 2018 sport CC. I had to send my PCM off for them to unlock which took a full week including shipping time. If you do over night shipping expect it to take roughly 4-5 days to get it back.
So far I am happy with the tuner itself and is IMO user friendly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I had decided to go with them already and am waiting for mod'd PCM to arrive... probably 7-10 days out.

Going to be a fun week when it arrives. ARH longtubes/Y-pipe + tune + existing mods should make for a decent kick in the pants.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome! You have no idea, I went through the headache of installing the Security access cable and HP's instructions are not very helpful. When you remove your radio you will see a bracket bolted with 3 7mm bolts behind the radio. The Security gateway is attached to that bracket. I had to unbolt it to unplug mine to plug in the access cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup I do!!! plenty of scratched up hands getting that sucker in there.

Did that on Friday - instructions suck and its definitely not very obvious. I had a big helping hand from one of the guys on FB Ram Performance group who has also done it... so his guidance made all the difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just to give you a little insight to where I am at on my 18 sport. I'm running with a custom tune, 180 tstat and electric fan only I'm putting out consistent 14.40s in the 1/4 at 95 mph in 2800 DA with 110-120 IAT. Which dropped me from 14.8s in slightly better DA at 93 mph. I'll be looking for high 13s in the next 2 weeks once the headers and intake are installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are in a similar spot... I have the PCM in and tune loaded and it has completely changed the truck... worth every cent.

Headers are sitting in the garage waiting for me to find some time - hopefully in next couple of days. I have a Corsa catback, TB and Vararam.

Difference is night and day in performance with just those mods. Planning on going the whipple route as my Christmas present.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts