DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is a 1999 dodge ram 2500 cummins 4x4

. My AC worked great last year. I went to use my ac the other day and it don't do anything now. I did notice last year it cycled on and of a lot like 30 seconds on and of but I had ice cold air this year nothing happens I have tried to force the ac clutch on at the relay and jumped both high and low pressure sensors I'm out of ideas and I want my ac working this year.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have tried to force the ac clutch on at the relay and jumped both high and low pressure sensors
Did the compressor kick on? Is the compressor relay engaging? Power up to the compressor? If the compressor is kicking on you may have lost refrigerant. If you have power/ground at the clutch the clutch is probably bad.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
With the truck running and ac on if you pull the relay and put it back in you should be able to hear/feel it "click". If not it's either bad or not getting power/ signal(ground) from the pcm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've done switched the relay with the horn relay and nothing my relays are good. How would a find the ground wire from the pcm I have control to the relay and I have power at the clutch so at this point I'm guessing my ac clutch is bad do I have to replace the hole pump or what is my best option

·
Registered
4 Posts
The truck is a 1999 dodge ram 2500 cummins 4x4

. My AC worked great last year. I went to use my ac the other day and it don't do anything now. I did notice last year it cycled on and of a lot like 30 seconds on and of but I had ice cold air this year nothing happens I have tried to force the ac clutch on at the relay and jumped both high and low pressure sensors I'm out of ideas and I want my ac working this year.
Just had mine in Chrysler Ram dealer shop for this it is was recirculating vent and compressor $1500 dollars later!! It is working now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts