DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 2011 Ram Outdoorsman Stored for the winter. Some questions has I am preparing for things to do in the spring.

1. Is it possible to get the sport bumper and get it painted to match the two-tone grey of the Outdoorsman? If so, anyone with a price estimate?

2. Anyone know of anything I can do to cover up those warning stickers on the sun-visors?

3. What is the best cold air intake / cat-back exhaust system to install?

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can get sport bumpers pretty easily through a good number of online parts houses, will run anywhere from 200-500 plus shipping. Paint and primer will vary depending on your location as the shops charge different amounts for labor. If possible look for a mineral gray sport or express at a parts yard, that will be your cheapest route.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
There are visor covers out there. One of the billet companies had them a while back. They aren't cheap though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Please do some reading on switching out your bumper from the chrome to the sport type. The entire front end from below the grill down has to be swapped out. It's not cheap nor is it fun to do.

·
Registered
355 Posts
As to question 3 I'd have to say either K&N drop in or for the full system Volant. On exhaust I personally love my magnaflow 16869 kit: no drone, sounds very nice and deep, and came with 5" tips that really fill the holes in my frontier gear rear bumper much better than the stockers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just installed the magnaflow cat-back and love it. Sounds awesome during cruise(no drone) and even better WOT. The butt dyno also gives it a thumbs up. If you are interested in that system I can get you the name of the company I dealt with in Canada. Shipping was free!!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Please do some reading on switching out your bumper from the chrome to the sport type. The entire front end from below the grill down has to be swapped out. It's not cheap nor is it fun to do.
True story. The expensive part is the bumper suports and everything. A guy on dodgetalk priced it out online through mopar wholesale. It was around a grand and thats just for the pieces you need and without painting it...

Not sure on how to cover up the warning stickers.

As for intake the best performing is the Vararam. Theres alot of choices out there tho.

For th catback, not many choices. I would just swap out mufflers personally. I used to have a maggy y pipe in with new pipe to a maggy 14" and cut out my resonators. It sounded good but wasnt loud at all. I now have true duals with AT3030s.....its BEAST and sounds unique from every truck out there. Not to mention my butt dyno agrees completely. Can't wait for the 85mm Throttle body and Vararam to come on this week. Should be a very nice combo with the true duals.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't know if this works, but it tells you how to remove the stickers.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5751990_remove-sunvisor-stickers.html
FYI - The law requires your dealer (or any service provider, I believe) to replace these stickers if they notice they are missing when you come in for service. I have heard tales that it requires new visors! Pretty expensive! I think this is why there are visor covers out there that simply clip over the visor without removing the sticker. Treat it kind of like a tuner and 'return to stock' prior to going to the dealer. Just passing on what I've heard. Some dealers may not look unless they are trying to be a$$es, who knows. I hate the look of the stickers too but haven't found a good-looking, cost-effective way of dealing with them yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts