DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have an 02 1500 5.9 I notice a slight knock I can only hear inside the truck outside I think the exhaust is to loud but back to the knocking its not all the time and only when its run for at least 5 min sometimes its louder than other times took it to my mechanic but he doesnt hear it I wonder if its a lifter sticking I dont know what do you guys think have you had this prob before thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have never had that problem but i've heard plenty of stories
what grade of gas do you use?
try a higher one
motor oil if you use regular conventional try a high name brand synthetic
try some octane booster or fuel injector cleaner. just a few things to try
so try them and get back to the forum

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use regular unleaded gas and royal purple oil and used injector cleaner with the last oil change 2500 miles ago ill try a higher octane gas see what it does thanks ill get back to you

·
Registered
99 Posts
Soco- This will sound crazy, but it should work!! :Wow1:

Go fill er up with some Premium 92 or better octane. Put in some octane booster. Change the oil (Go full synthetic, royal purple, castrol, or mobil1) Put in some Fuel injector cleaner (ATP is good)

Go to a drag strip and just let the engine rip shi*! By doing this, you're basically forcing it to perform to its fullest and you're giving it the highest quality fuel and oil to do so. It should clear up your knock and you can continue back with regular octane afterward.

You have a high output engine, if you don't open her up every now and then, you'll lose precious horsepower, torque and other engine vitals.

·
Registered
1982 ram 150 505 big block and T-56 tremec with a Dana 60 with posi
41 Posts
well I have an 02 1500 5.9 I notice a slight knock I can only hear inside the truck outside I think the exhaust is to loud but back to the knocking its not all the time and only when its run for at least 5 min sometimes its louder than other times took it to my mechanic but he doesnt hear it I wonder if its a lifter sticking I dont know what do you guys think have you had this prob before thanks
My 2010 keep JKU has a cracked manifol, it will make a knocking sound for about 30 seconds after a cold start and go away, is this when it’s cold or is it 24/7? Could have a cracked manifold that doesn’t shut up, those magnums are known for that too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts