DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got jealous of newer vehicles...
You know the ones, those that have the daytime running LEDs.

Phase One:

So I hacked a set together from some pieces of RGBW led strips, they had a 3-M sticky backing so I used that to glue them to a black painted aluminum strip. This I attached to the plastic insert in my front bumper with three screws. I used the RGBW led strip because it had a better looking white than any other led strips I had seen. I soldered five wires in a cable to each strip and ran them back to the fuse box area. Why all five and not just two to activate only the white? See below for a possible Phase Three.

This is Phase One, Phase Two will have small relays activated by the turn signals to cut off power to the left or right half depending on what turn signal is activated. Phase Three "may" have the color change to an amber utilizing the other colors in the RGBW strips. I'll have to experiment to see what mix of red and green I'll need to achieve that.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
Nice work there and great looking 09'. :smileup:

Nice photo skills too. Photoshop?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the lights are subtle, but noticeable. The 09' was used, but an improvement over my 96' (2500) that I still have and use occasionally. I've been using Photoshop for about 20 years. I prefer 4.01 but used 9 on that combo of images. 4.01 won't run under Windows 7, so I have to use Windows XP mode, (unstable as it is under Windows 7), to run Photoshop 4, quite a hassle and this was a quick combine and edit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts