DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I guess I'm getting older...

3063 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  huntergreen
I took my 10 and 5 year old to the sand pit and through some mud holes in our 04 yesterday after the Ravens game. I didn't want to tear up the farmers feilds, drive around the gates on the state owned forest or go down the trails that might put a scratch on the truck. My kids were a little disapointed, I guess after watching the youtube's of the mud hops and all they thought they were in for a ride....instead they got "No I'm not gona tear the truck up". Witch even as the words came out of my mouth I couldn't beleive I was saying it. Well to help make them understand what I meant, I got them up this morning and went out to wash the truck (18 degrees)................WOW I didn't go through what they wanted to and made them wash the truck. I feel like old hatefull dad :sad:.
But it did help me decide that big Mud tires are not what I need. All tho something with more side wall would look better IMO. I was checking out my buddys F250 with 285/70-16's they look like bid tires....but they had less dia. than mine (275/60-20). Iguess with the big wheels the tire looks small. IDK what I'm gona do, even if you get 17's the tires are all the same price (300+). Whats your guy's choice of AT's? I've got Nitto's now..
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
717 Posts
Tire choice is probably the hardest thing to pick. It depends on where U live, how U drive and what U drive in/on. One tire will work great in the desert southwest and not so great in the eastern US. SW U probably want durability due to the dry rocky terrain. In the east U have to consider whether or not U will run them in winter. Most mud tires SUCK donkey balls in winter. Goodyear duratracs are suppose to do well in the mud and snow though, give them a look see.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.