DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have never bought a brand new vehicle ever. But I am thinking of buying a new dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack with a 6.4L Hemi and 6 speed manual. My question is if I special order it to my liking, About how long till I receive My new toy?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Could be anywhere from 6-8 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more.

My bud just factory ordered a 2500 Cummins with a manual trans to trade his F450 in on, and he has a 6-8 week wait.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Really depends on when the suits get your order in and it gets put in line for production. Like CHP said, average is 6-8 weeks. Usually not any sooner, but often longer. Good luck and let us know what you order and when it comes in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would buy of the lot but local dealer doesn't stock any challengers. ever. I don't know why. It seems to me like it would attract more customers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Closest dealer is about three hours away. My dealer checked other dealers but none in Billet Metalic with the manual trans. But I guess I can wait till spring anyway. It's minus 35 here almost every day lately. And I don't think it will be too good in the snow. Having 485 HP and all.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
On 1/30 I was told that the scat pack was 8-10 weeks from order to delivery. The lower models were 6-8. I would guess that hasn't changed much in 3 weeks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would print out a build sheet from the dodge website with the color and exact options and accessories you want or don't want on your new CHALLANGER ! A new vehicle is expensive so, get what you really want.

If they have one on the lot great, if not they might be able to locate one.

I knew what I wanted and I knew what I accessories didn't want. I went to a couple of dealers, first one just pushed what they had on the lot, second one had no issue getting me in the exact truck I wanted. and it was a better deal then the first dealer could give on a truck I didn't want.

Yes I had to wait about 5 long weeks, but it was Febuary and I still had my 01 RAM. I picked up the new one in April the weather was better, the snow, ice, salt and sand was off the roads.

I did this for the first time when I got my 12 RAM, and I would do it again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All the estimated times given seem pretty accurate for the US market but nut sure how that relates to the Canadian market. May be longer. Your dealer should know.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
All the estimated times given seem pretty accurate for the US market but nut sure how that relates to the Canadian market. May be longer. Your dealer should know.
the challenger is actually built in canada, so in theory it should be quicker delivery time. I hadnt noticed the OP was in canada

1 - 11 of 11 Posts