DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I put a flowmaster 44 on my 98, and now I want to put a magnaflow high flow cat to go along with the 44.
But will this still pass emissions, I live in Utah.

It will sound good with my k&n air filter.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I don't see why not its not a california truck. Auto zone sells a cat that's two separate pipes in and a single out instead of welding the y pipes together, its a tick under 200.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
As long as no codes are thrown and the PCM returns a "Ready" status to the DEQ machine, yer good to go.

I see no reason why this won't pass.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, thanks for the advice. I guess i'll go ahead and do it, I'd really love to find the single in dual out though, always wanted to dual pipes on her.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
They can be found.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They can be found.
But the question is, to put dual pipes on, wouldn't I have to buy new o2 censors, among a couple other stuff? Or if I just buy the dual out, do I not have to worry? Either way, I love loud trucks, not to loud that the neighbors call the cops, but just enough to satisfy. so that's kinda what I'm working for.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well you might have to weld but you can find after market that have single in dule out but it would have to be welded in then there's the up and down stream sensor's. If you cut cat off stock y pipes the up stream will still work now for down. Mesure how far from cat it is. Drill a hole in new pipe slightly larger then sensor thereds grab a nut that sensor will thread into weld nut to pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts