DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So my 2014 has had issues with the light going on and off about the fuel sensor failing on and off. I could never find what the root cause actually was, just that people took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Well, I dropped the tank and found what the real problem is. You can see that there is actually a wear line on the rheostat. So, it basically just wore it off where it contacts and now it's not getting any signal. If you look closely at the top you can see there is no wear line (or at least very little). When I have a full tank everything works fine and no light, and now I know why. Just need to go pick this part up from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hi guys,

So my 2014 has had issues with the light going on and off about the fuel sensor failing on and off. I could never find what the root cause actually was, just that people took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Well, I dropped the tank and found what the real problem is. You can see that there is actually a wear line on the rheostat. So, it basically just wore it off where it contacts and now it's not getting any signal. If you look closely at the top you can see there is no wear line (or at least very little). When I have a full tank everything works fine and no light, and now I know why. Just need to go pick this part up from the dealer.

thanks for sharing, rep point for that

I'm having this problem right now, but waiting on warm weather to fix it in the drive way lol

when full no problem, when the gas goes a little under half, check engine turn on, after fill up it eventually disappears, until the level goes back to just under half tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ram needs to do a recall on this problem. It's a shame it goes out at a low mileage . My 2015 has the same problem. and if you google it . It shows alot of complaints about it,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was reading on other forums that there are a few people that fixed the problem with adding Fuel cleanser to the tank. Anyone have any luck by trying this?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It’s ethanol related, I had the light come on at 50k miles, 30k miles of Shell V-power and zero issues. My wife gets $1.00/gal. off from BP for a fill up every couple months from groceries, pops the light every time with their 93 🤔
It’s a fairly cheap and rather easy fix however compared to buying non-ethanol fuel or additives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts