DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I told myself I wouldn't go asking unnecessary questions and starting useless threads..but I'm stuck. I'm finally purchasing a BT Catch Can but they have so many options for it, I don't know what exactly I need..and at the same time, I'd like to get the best deal possible. So what I need to know is what bracket I need, what finish for the catch can, what hose, and what fitting options are necessary and required for a good reliable installation. I don't care so much how it looks, I just want to protect my beloved hemi :smileup:

Oh, and are there any special holiday deals on theses anywhere?

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
They just had a Black Friday sale, but that is over. The only thing that you need is the Hemi kit, #20014 with the Z bracket. All the options are just that...options. The basic kit with Z bracket is all you need

Or you could go the Moroso route that I did and get a core support mounted unit
Moroso # 85479, about 20 dollars more than the BT.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Timmy, you've always been helpful. I'm gonna try to get it ordered sometime before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
No worries! Either way, they both keep oil out of the intake! Hit me up if you need anything else!

And the "Z" bracket is what GT has in the workbench pic

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics GT! I'm gonna see if I can install a Fastman and this at the same time..the mod fever is back :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished ordering! :D a standard mod TB by Fastman, and a BT Catch can! I can't wait to get these installed...you know Tim, I'm pretty much following in your footsteps :LOL: I'm incredibly jealous of your Vararam, I just don't think I can justify the $349 price tag considering I've already put $279 into the intake I have :(

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
You are the ultimate pusher :) Every time I see that SRT you have, it makes me want to sell my house and move into a 300!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Catch Can

The one additional item I ordered for my catch cans is the clear bottom. I like to be able to see how much oil is in the catch can, that way there is no surprise when I go to empty it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^crap..I already ordered one..and they're back ordered for 4-6 weeks..but my throttle body should be here in a week or two! Is it safe to install it without a catch can or does it not make a difference?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts