DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a 97 1500 4x4 5.9l and I have $10,000 to mod it out. Im open to any ideas so let me know what you guys would do. Theres just so many ideas running through my head that I cant decide on anything. lol :4-dontknow:

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,677 Posts
$10K??? Wow, nice! What kind of mods do you have in mind?

- Cajun

G

·
Rough Country lift would work. I think the Superlift is better and worth the additional cost. 4" is sufficient for a 35" tire.

The Nitto tires seem to be a good tire. Everyone here who has them likes them. Can't say what wheel to buy...that's more of an aesthetic choice. I have KMC XD Addicts (18's) and I like 'em.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'd do the ultimate mod and wait a few months and put that $10K on a 2012 1500... Maybe I'm cheap but I can't see myself putting $10k worth of mods on a truck that's 14 years old... I don't even think I would put that much money into my 2011 Ram if I had it laying around either though.

BUT to answer your question, put a nice sound system in it, new wheels/tires, small lift kit, and thats all I can think of now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'd do the ultimate mod and wait a few months and put that $10K on a 2012 1500... Maybe I'm cheap but I can't see myself putting $10k worth of mods on a truck that's 14 years old... I don't even think I would put that much money into my 2011 Ram if I had it laying around either though.

BUT to answer your question, put a nice sound system in it, new wheels/tires, small lift kit, and thats all I can think of now.
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just thought I would add a little to this. I'm not looking to spend the whole 10k. I understand it's 14 years old. But I would be willing to spend a good chunk of it to get the truck where I want. That being said how does a lift, 35's, tow mirrors, cab lights, 6000k hid's, and fog lights sound? I already have an exhaust, audio system, window tint etc etc

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I would blow the whole 10k towards a new truck. However, the list you just put up sounds like a reasonable compromise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.