DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I need to ID two bolts on the front end suspension and frame.
I had work done to my truck via insurance claim and the people whom "repaired" my truck did everything but repair it. They damaged things instead and now I just noticed that I may be missing 2 bolts to top it off.
The first pic is the bolts I am trying to ID (picture is from LF , the untouched side) . The second pic is of the RF in which I seem to be missing the 2 bolts.
Next question is how important
are they/what is their purpose?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
What do they attach to the frame in the first pic? Is it a shield of some kind? What is the red paint in the second pic. I would go to a dealer and look at and take a pic of the area from a new truck. If the bolts are actually missing I would report the repair shop to the insurance company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The red paint is over spray...the body shop did it. The insurance company is aware and helping me go to another shop to fix what the other screwed up. My issue is that these bolts I JUST noticed and am planning to be driving it on a long trip to Florida an back. Unfortunately the two shops that were authorized to re do the repairs do not have aval anytime soon.

The LF there is a bracket attached to those bolts. No it doesn't attach to the cover/guards. It has a box attached to that bracket...unsure as to what.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Ecodiesel so mine might not be the same as a gas engine but on mine there is a bracket and it holds a part with a gray connector that plugs into it in the photos. The second photo you see the part with the green sticker on it that the bracket holds, and last photo is a top view of the part the bracket holds.

Automotive tire Tread Tire Carbon Automotive design
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
is it holding the power steering gear on? the right side would be for a right hand drive in other countries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts