DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy -
So I have just replaced a broken valve spring. Now I'm replacing what the Haynes Manual calls the "rocker arm shaft bolts", but Haynes doesn't have a torque specification for "rocker arm shaft bolts". It has a listing for "Rocker arm bolts" @ 16lbs and also a listing for "Rocker Arm Lifter Rail Bolts" @ 106 in-lbs.
Now, I think the latter is the correct listing, but I'd like to make sure!

Being as the terminology is not the same, I'm not sure which specification is correct. Can someone be so kind as to clarify from their own specifications?

I might be able to get this buttoned up tonight. Thanks ahead of time for your help!

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
INSTALLATION

1 - PUSHROD RETAINING PLATE FASTENER 2 - PUSHROD HOLDER

CAUTION: The longer push rods are for the exhaust side, and the shorter push rods are for intake side.
  1. Install the push rods in the same order as removed.
  2. Install the pushrod retaining plate (1) special tool 9070.

1 - ASSEMBLY TANG 2 - RETAINER ( FULLY SEATED ) 3 - SPACER 4 - ROCKER ARM
    CAUTION: Ensure that retainers (2) and rocker arms (4) are not overlapped when torquing bolts.
    CAUTION: Verify that pushrod is installed into rocker arm (4) and tappet correctly while installing rocker shaft assembly. Recheck after rocker shaft has been torqued to specification.

CAUTION: The rocker shaft assemblies are not interchangeable between intake and exhaust. The intake rocker arms are marked with the letter “I”.
  3. Install rocker shaft assemblies in the same order as removed.
  4. Tighten the rocker shaft bolts to 22 N·m (195 in. lbs.) torque,using the sequence provided. CAUTION: DO NOT rotate or crank the engine during or immediately after rocker arm installation. Allow the hydraulic roller tappets adequate time to bleed down (about 5 minutes).

1 - PUSHROD RETAINING PLATE FASTENER 2 - PUSHROD HOLDER
  5. Remove pushrod retaining plate (1) special tool 9070.

6. Install cylinder head cover.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
damm randy where you getting all these manuals and what not

·
Registered
1 Posts
what and where can i get the pushrod retaining tool and what is the part no. and manufactuar
Howdy -
So I have just replaced a broken valve spring. Now I'm replacing what the Haynes Manual calls the "rocker arm shaft bolts", but Haynes doesn't have a torque specification for "rocker arm shaft bolts". It has a listing for "Rocker arm bolts" @ 16lbs and also a listing for "Rocker Arm Lifter Rail Bolts" @ 106 in-lbs.
Now, I think the latter is the correct listing, but I'd like to make sure!

Being as the terminology is not the same, I'm not sure which specification is correct. Can someone be so kind as to clarify from their own specifications?

I might be able to get this buttoned up tonight. Thanks ahead of time for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts