DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after a long time I got the problem fixed. It seems like the radio had a glich when my first phone was pared in to the u connect. Verizon had to clear all the phones and then do a re install. If you are having trouble pairing a phone, first delete all phones and then add the new phone.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Really, the first thing to do is to see if the phone is in the paired phone list of the Uconnect. Press the Uconnect button and say "set up, select phone" then you'll be asked for the name of the phone or say all' (say ALL). When Uconnect list the phone that you are wanting to use, press the VR button and say "select". That phone will now over ride the phones that are paired in front of it. You may want to delete a phone that is in a higher priority slot and place your new phone in that slot if you're the primary user.

Well after a long time I got the problem fixed. It seems like the radio had a glich when my first phone was pared in to the u connect. Verizon had to clear all the phones and then do a re install. If you are having trouble pairing a phone, first delete all phones and then add the new phone.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really, the first thing to do is to see if the phone is in the paired phone list of the Uconnect. Press the Uconnect button and say "set up, select phone" then you'll be asked for the name of the phone or say all' (say ALL). When Uconnect list the phone that you are wanting to use, press the VR button and say "select". That phone will now over ride the phones that are paired in front of it. You may want to delete a phone that is in a higher priority slot and place your new phone in that slot if you're the primary user.
For some reson there were phones that I never put in the system. by clearing the systen it allowed my new I phone 4 to be paired ?????????????:wow:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Most likely when people test drove the truck, they may have paired their phones to the system and never deleted them. This also happens when a customer is considering a purchase of a vehicle and they want to see if their phone will pair up.

For some reson there were phones that I never put in the system. by clearing the systen it allowed my new I phone 4 to be paired ?????????????:wow:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I dont know which radio/nav system you have...but you can go on line and look for their latest soft ware versions...check Mygig....some versions had connect problems with the different I-Phones versions..... The problem is solvable, I got mine working, after installing a different software version into my radio/nav system

·
Registered
801 Posts
The "mygig" site is for the Harman radios, no the Mitsubishi radios and the updates are only for the Harman radios.
He mentioned above thatthere were too many phones paired to the radio already which didn't leave a slot for his phone. The dealer deleted them and then paired his phone.

I dont know which radio/nav system you have...but you can go on line and look for their latest soft ware versions...check Mygig....some versions had connect problems with the different I-Phones versions..... The problem is solvable, I got mine working, after installing a different software version into my radio/nav system

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
the more current radios in the RAMs are
the 3 letters are usually on the face of the radio, lower right corner

RHR 730N, the RER is basically the same, just a couple years older
RHB 430N
RBZ 430, has a touch screen, no navigation
RES 130, actually there are 2 of these, no touch screen on either,
one of the RES radios has a phone receiver icon, the other does Not
both can be set up with BT for hands free cell phone use

·
Registered
367 Posts
XSDBS, I didn't refer to any paticular website, I suggested looking at mygig on line for more info and software updates.... I stand corrected, my RER nav/ radio is manufactured by Harman Becker, and the speaker system is from Alpine...., anyway.... If anyone has this same system, and they are having IPhone Uconnect issues, the problem can be fixed by using the right version of their software... You can also find the software on e-Bay.... As I indicated earlier I did not know which radio system the initial writer was having problems with and was just offering a suggestion as to what fixed the problem with my system

·
Registered
801 Posts
Please accept my apologies if I sounded like an A$$, I wasn't trying to at all. Just a long stressed out week. :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug: yeah and I do mean more than one.

XSDBS, I didn't refer to any paticular website, I suggested looking at mygig on line for more info and software updates.... I stand corrected, my RER nav/ radio is manufactured by Harman Becker, and the speaker system is from Alpine...., anyway.... If anyone has this same system, and they are having IPhone Uconnect issues, the problem can be fixed by using the right version of their software... You can also find the software on e-Bay.... As I indicated earlier I did not know which radio system the initial writer was having problems with and was just offering a suggestion as to what fixed the problem with my system

1 - 15 of 15 Posts