DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to buy a new pickup. (I know, it's tough!) We have a small farm, and hauling sheep and hay in the SUV just isn't going to cut it anymore. I have been agonizing between the Silverado LTZ and Ram Laramie Quad.

I wanted the Silverado. I figured it was as state of the art as it could be, and really like the mileage figures people seem to be getting. Then, I went to drive one. It drove well - a little bumpy, but it's a pickup. I took my wife to see them, and the first thing she said was, "You look like Ziggy peering over the steering wheel." I'm about 5'7", and the sitting position in the Silverado was very low - so low, that visibility suffered.

Then we went to drive a Ram. Wow. You sit up in it, and you can see the world. We started it up, and the sound. Even my wife, who is not a truck girl, said it sounded much better. That hemi just sings.

The pricing seems about equal, once the extra of the air suspension is figured in. Maybe the Ram comes out a little more expensive, but I'm hoping for a good deal.

Now the question - I will be hauling a stock trailer (about 6500 pounds, loaded) and really want the air suspension. Do you guys think these will last for the long haul (pun intended)? For those who have it, was it worth the extra money?

Thanks. There are not a lot of Laramies available, so I guess I'll be ordering. I'll have questions about that, if you will be patient with me, but they can wait until later.

Dave

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Those are good points about the air suspension, and a really good idea in getting the extended warranty for it. Like you, I intend to keep this truck for a long time.

Did you buy your 2014 off the lot, or order it? I have not been able to find a lot of Laramies around - lots of Big Horns, but no Laramies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.