DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the situation. I have a 2wd 2010 1500 laramie crew cab and im wanting to level it out and put some bigger rubber on her.

Level Kits: So far ones i have found for 2wd's are Daystar and Truxxx. Are there any others out there im missing?
- Im looking for a 2" level

Tires: Im wanting to get 35's on the stock rims (20x9 if im not mistaken) I like the agressive look of a MT tire but i would like one that doesnt have much road noise (humming) or if there is some noise not so bad that radio/exhaust cant drowned it out :LOL:
-I have heard great things about the nitto Trail grapplers and the TOYO open country MT. also the Nitto Terre Grapplers were recommended to me but i think these would lack the aggressive look im going for. what are yalls thoughts?
--Most of all would any of these MT tires look stupid or ridiculous on the laramie stock rims? (it will be used as highway driver + farm worker)

Thanks in advance and as customary of this forum pictures are very much appreicated!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Heres a couple pics of her.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can't help you too much on the tires, I still have stock
HOWEVER, head over to Fat Bob's Garage for a 2wd 2" leveling kit. I picked up the kit plus Pro Comp ES9000 shocks for $180 (with shipping)

Here is the link

Also, check out my thread in this suspension section titled: Another leveling kit thread for some before/after pics. They aren't the greatest pics, but it gets the point across

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help you too much on the tires, I still have stock
HOWEVER, head over to Fat Bob's Garage for a 2wd 2" leveling kit. I picked up the kit plus Pro Comp ES9000 shocks for $180 (with shipping)

Here is the link

Also, check out my thread in this suspension section titled: Another leveling kit thread for some before/after pics. They aren't the greatest pics, but it gets the point across
Thanks for the leveling kit info! what other shocks might be a good replacement that would be about 2 inches longer to accommodate for the level?

·
Registered
85 Posts
From what the dude on the phone from Fat Bobs Garage said, the ES9000s are designed to accommodate the leveling kit, because they are a bit longer. The ES3000s fit, but the guy suggested the 9000s...maybe he just wanted more money??:4-dontknow:

I really don't know what other shocks would work. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to mechanical stuff. You want your TV and home theater installed and calibrated, I could help...but with shocks or installing parts, I really don't know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what the dude on the phone from Fat Bobs Garage said, the ES9000s are designed to accommodate the leveling kit, because they are a bit longer. The ES3000s fit, but the guy suggested the 9000s...maybe he just wanted more money??:4-dontknow:

I really don't know what other shocks would work. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to mechanical stuff. You want your TV and home theater installed and calibrated, I could help...but with shocks or installing parts, I really don't know.
I wonder if those are for like 3/4 trucks and if so i wonder if they make the ride rougher? Im kinda like you i dont know alot about the mechanical stuff :LOL:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts