DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. My 12 inch screen is constantly turning off and on. I also have a high pitch screech when I press on my brakes at higher speeds. I have taken my truck into Danbury Dodge in Connecticut and they have told me there is nothing they can do besides the two downloads they have already done (NEITHER OF THEM WORKED). They are waiting for a new download from Dodge which I will have to take my truck in for once again and still not have it work...….I CAN'T CONTINUE TO LOSE MY TRUCK FOR A DAY. They also have told me the remedy to the brake issue hasn't really been found yet either. The parts Dodge is giving them to fix the problem sometimes don't work. So again, I have to lose my truck for a day to get something replaced that may or may not fix the problem. I AM SO FRUSRATED WITH DODGE AND DANBURY DODGE!!! I will never buy another truck again from Dodge and/ or Danbury Dodge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not, but I have spoken directly with Dodge on multiple occasions. They are also no help. They keep saying I need to wait for new down load to come out. The problem is, the first two down loads have not repaired problem. I will go to other dealer with break problem, but as far as computer problem, I'm not sure what to do...….

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Dodge/Ram does not make the radios, so they are at the mercy of the radio manufacturer. Doesn't help your issue but neither will yelling at the dealer - though it may make you feel slightly better :)

Hopefully they fix the brake issue and come out with a flash for the radio.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'll admit I'm confused about the lack of solution. My 12 inch in my 19 Laramie works perfectly and I'll bet the ones in the dealers lot also work great. It's not a program issue it's a radio issue. Bug them to replace it or exchange it for one in the lot. I'd keep calling up the FCA chain until I got some attention.

The next time they blame the programming, take the service manager into their lot and have him turn one on in a different truck or show the service manager at the new dealer the same thing.

·
Premium Member
32,611 Posts
I went to Danbury Dodge in August 2018, i was back East visiting my Sister in Sandy Hook
The thing that i noticed while at the dealership was that most of the vehicles being worked on were not vehicles made by FCA. To me they were just a big automotive shop, not a dealership. Luckily i was just there to get my Rams oil change service done.
If i had been in Waterbury, i would have gone to
Bradshaw Jeep Dealership in Oakville Ct.
If i had been closer to Bristol, i would have gone to Crowley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

Many Dodge dealerships should not claim to be Dodge dealerships when it comes to service, like one of the worst Dodge dealerships in Connecticut is Modern Motors in Thomaston Ct.

I think my sister & brother in law use https://www.garavelchryslerjeepdodgeram.com/ in Norwalk Ct.
He is a Classic Dodge Collector & is very picky about who he deals with.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. My 12 inch screen is constantly turning off and on. I also have a high pitch screech when I press on my brakes at higher speeds. I have taken my truck into Danbury Dodge in Connecticut and they have told me there is nothing they can do besides the two downloads they have already done (NEITHER OF THEM WORKED). They are waiting for a new download from Dodge which I will have to take my truck in for once again and still not have it work...….I CAN'T CONTINUE TO LOSE MY TRUCK FOR A DAY. They also have told me the remedy to the brake issue hasn't really been found yet either. The parts Dodge is giving them to fix the problem sometimes don't work. So again, I have to lose my truck for a day to get something replaced that may or may not fix the problem. I AM SO FRUSRATED WITH DODGE AND DANBURY DODGE!!! I will never buy another truck again from Dodge and/ or Danbury Dodge.

I feel your pain about the radio shutting on and off every few minutes, as that's what mine has started to do in the past week. I haven't been to my dealer yet as I've not had the time, but a temporary solution is to plug your phone into USB port for CarPlay before you turn your truck on.

I'm an iPhone user and that's what I do. In fact I plug it in, tap on the CarPlay icon as soon as it pops up on the 12" screen. I would say it works fine about 80% of time right now, but as soon as I unplug my iPhone the radio goes back to resetting itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts