DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i wanna start getting ideas on modding my ram but i would appreciate some input.

its a white 99 dodge ram 1500 4x4. i really want to go for the Storm Trooper look for it. i would also like to give it that muddin look as well.

The first thing I kinda want to start out with is getting some black fender flares and tint out my lights/windows.

does anyone know any cool looking fender flares I should get??

and also some cool ideas i should do to my truck?

thanks a lott!

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
i'd black out the head/tail lights...cause i thought stormtroopers were black and white.

Edit: and maybe some black step bars? and i think the front is missing some black in my books.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Could look pretty cool, you should get blacked out headlights/taillights, tinted windows, black nerf bars, and some black door seal protectors. Well that and you could put a big storm trooper gun in the back.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Could look pretty cool, you should get blacked out headlights/taillights, tinted windows, black nerf bars, and some black door seal protectors. Well that and you could put a big storm trooper gun in the back.
And on that note I think you might be trying to take the stormtrooper theme a little far. ;) Blacked out lights, or if you can find em, painted black interiors of the headlights but leave the lenses clear? You would get more light output that way. A black brush guard would look sweet too. Maybe you should get the imperial insignia thing on each door nice and big.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Ok, so i'm not the only geek on here, Huzzah!

If you want to go for the muddin' look, then try a set of Bushwacker pocket-style flares, they're beefy and look great. In addition to the great ideas above, maybe get the lower 3" of your rocker panels coated with black bed-liner to protect them AND give a good accent.

·
Banned
12,929 Posts
Are you going to change the blue Sport sticker to black as well?

Or get a custom one made, that says "SportTrooper..."

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like the all white. I personally would strip off any stickers/badges except for the nose badge and black out the windows with tint. Then put money under the hood to make it sound and drive like the full force of the Imperial Fleet!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,794 Posts
Lots of good ideas in here for ya' so far. I like the look of your truck, but can definitely see the stromtrooper potential....I like the idea of the bedliner on the rocker panels, the brushguard, blacked out tails/3rd brake light, but gotta agree with just painting the interior of the headlights black and leaving the lenses clear, the blue badges gotta go, but chithead's idea of the "SportTrooper" badge, along the sides of the hood where it says "sport", now that would be awesome, with the imperial insignia badge on the tailgate instead of the ram's head! :smileup: Definitely looking forward to seeing how this one comes out! :)

- Cajun :pepper:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow there are a lot of great ideas out there, many to choose from. Someone who is better at photoshop than me needs to black out the headlights, tint the windows, but a brush guard on and put the imperal signia on the truck to give a good idea of the possiblities. Looking forward to seeing it.

oh, and the storm trooper gun in the back was a joke. But I do like the sporttrooper idea.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
:158::158::158: I absolutely LOVE that Charger! :leghump:

I am wanting to do a simple white and black with my truck. Have been toying around with a couple of ideas, haven't come up with anything serious. But man that charger is sweet.

·
Registered
875 Posts
:158::158::158: I absolutely LOVE that Charger! :leghump:

I am wanting to do a simple white and black with my truck. Have been toying around with a couple of ideas, haven't come up with anything serious. But man that charger is sweet.
So are you going to try and get the 'Sport Trooper' look on your truck? What ideas did you have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts