DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I recently purchased a Ram 2500 4x4 5.9 Laramie. My Ram is in great shape and appears to have been well maintained over the years. The only problem I have noticed to date is that the engine will randomly cut out occasionally at idle. There is no warning that it is about to happen and she always starts right up afterwards. I have no check engine light and have recently passed state inspection so I assume there are no codes - I'm in the process of getting a reader. The engine also runs great and idles smoothly otherwise.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where the problem may be? Prior to my purchase, this Ram was used very sparingly for about two years so I was going to dump a can of Seafoam in the tank to see if that helps. To me, however, this seems to be some type of sensor related problem, however.

This is my first Dodge so I'm hoping someone with more experience might be able to point me in the right direction.

Happy 2012!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i dont think sea foam will really help but hey its worth a shot. for now the best thing i can do to help you is bump your thread up ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I don't think my problem is fuel related either but know from past experience it can become a crap shoot (and expensive) to just start replacing "suspect" sensors. Hopefully, someone has had a similar experience.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts