DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all.
I am a noob and apologize if my Search failed to show an answer to my question, and this is one that has already been addressed.

I have the 5.7L Hemi with stock 136A alternator and battery (I think 1000CCA, 650 CA).

Does anyone know a ballpark estimate for idling amps? For max amp draw with 'everything' running (i.e., A/C on, power windows in use, etc)?

[Trying to decide if I need to upgrade to a HO alt for my sound system install...]

Many thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure why no one wants to coment on this subject, I'm having some issue's myself and I thing it's because of my H.O. altenator. From what I have found out, it makes no difference on what altenator you have. The computer controls what it puts out and there is no way of changing it. So I'm running into the problem of mine putting out to much to fast and I'm burning up my computer and other things. Example..... Bass hits, drops the volts/amps out of the batteries, computer says charge charge charge, altenator dumps the juice, it spikes to 18 volts or more, and slowly destroys all your electonics..... FML!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts