DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to thank a follow forum user, for letting all of us know that Dodge will help pay for running boards and Backup monitors for your new dodge if your new Dodge truck didn't come with them factory installed.. If you have mobility issues and a medical doctor will write you a note. Dodge will help pay for these things HOWEVER YOU NEED TO DO THIS WITHIN 60 DAYS OF PURCHASE...

Today I just ordered the Mopar running boards and the Backup Camera and rearview mirror Monitor. Total cost to me was less than $300.00 installed.

Dodge paid the other $600.00 dollars.

This is a great program if you have a disability, goto
http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/community/automobility/Pages/Automobility.aspx

and check it out. Just make sure you qualify and fill out the application and send in the required documents.

If you have other special needs Dodge will help pay for other add-ons as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Dealership didn't mention it either, you are not alone

I have handicapped plates too, and the dealership didn't mention it to me either. I found out while researching this forum last week after I bought my truck.

If I were you.... I would go back to the dealer and asked to talk to the sales manager, and let them know how you feel about them not offering you this program. Dodge had this program up and running all last year. And see what they will do to make it upto you.

I am sure they will say that they didn't know about it, but at least give it a try.

When I approached my dealership they didn't have a clue, but now they know you can bet they will be using it as a sales tool to help close deals with those of us that have a disability.

Let us know what happens.

John.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Texas state residents who are disabled can claim exemption from motor vehicle sales and use taxes on new or used vehicles when adaptive equipment is installed for use by a disabled driver. The state sales tax applied to the cost of the adaptive equipment, or any charges for the installation of the equipment, may also be exempted. Claims can be made after the date of purchase.

read this
especially the community support part

Chrysler Mobility Program
The Chrysler Mobility Program will provide cash reimbursement to assist in covering the cost of installing adaptive driver or passenger equipment on a vehicle. Conversions to full-size Van Ramps and Ram Wagons and minivans may be reimbursed up to $1000 while all other Chrysler Corporation cars, and trucks qualify for a maximum of $750.

For more information, contact the Chrysler Mobility Program toll free at 800-255-9877 (TTY Users: 800-922-3826).
In Canada call 800-265-6908 or 313-916-9448.

http://www.adaptivedriving.com/trucks.htm Ram trucks included

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just wanted to thank a follow forum user, for letting all of us know that Dodge will help pay for running boards and Backup monitors for your new dodge if your new Dodge truck didn't come with them factory installed.. If you have mobility issues and a medical doctor will write you a note. Dodge will help pay for these things HOWEVER YOU NEED TO DO THIS WITHIN 60 DAYS OF PURCHASE...

Today I just ordered the Mopar running boards and the Backup Camera and rearview mirror Monitor. Total cost to me was less than $300.00 installed.

Dodge paid the other $600.00 dollars.

This is a great program if you have a disability, goto

and check it out. Just make sure you qualify and fill out the application and send in the required documents.

If you have other special needs Dodge will help pay for other add-ons as well.
We just added our steps last friday & waiting for the refund check now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I called the Canadian office and asked about a tonneau cover. I transport my dad and he is in a wheelchair so I figured a tonneau cover would be possible as it is needed to protect the chair from the elements.

I got a positive response from the lady I talked to but it can't be confirmed until its reviewed by the office.

I'll let ya know how I make out.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Thats pretty cool that Chrysler steps up and does that. My fiances parents do handicap van conversion and they get peole all the time that complain about their other vehicles and how nice it would be to have things a little more disabled friendly without being a full on van.

Kudos to you Mopar

·
Registered
79 Posts
A little off topic, but how do you like the backup camera with the mirror monitor? I have the 130 radio, so an upgrade to the regular camera would be big $$$ and other aftermarket options havent impressed me much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Thoughts

Being a retired UPS manager, backup devices prevent unwanted accidents, UPS started to install backup monitors to it package cars in the mid 2000's. And it paid off, so with 60,000 drivers on the road with less accidents it makes sense to invest in one of these.

Ok, back to the Rear view mirror monitor system that mopar sells, Yes, I like it and its worth the money. The dealership in my small town never put one on before but after they installed it, I was impressed. There are other cheaper systems out there that can do the job but if you have the money, I would buy this system.

You can use it to backup to your boat, horse and rv trailers and hookup on the first try. The camera itself can get dirty but it seems to be holding up well under snowing wet spring snow that we have gotten in Montana this year.

I have the 130 radio system too and didn't want to add a small monitor around my dash, I think having aftermarket stuff attached to the dash or under the dash looks cheap, so the rear view mirror monitor is a professional looking upgrade. Oh, the mirror also works with your uconnect system as well.

I know they want $495 for this installed but I would make them a offer, never hurts to try.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I contacted the claim department last monday about my refund. They are currently working on mailed claims filed 2/23/12 & faxed claims around 2/27/12. If you want a faster refund fax in your paperwork

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Claim update 3/12/2012.

Hello all, this is a email that I got from the Automobility group today. I am impressed that they use email to give us updated information concerning my check to help buy my Dodge Add-ons.

We have received your fax and your claim has now been approved for payment. You will receive a check in the mail for $600 within the next couple of weeks. ($400 max for running boards and $200 max for back up camera)

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Andrea

Chrysler Automobility Program Headquarters
[email protected]
1-800-255-9877

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello all, this is a email that I got from the Automobility group today. I am impressed that they use email to give us updated information concerning my check to help buy my Dodge Add-ons.

We have received your fax and your claim has now been approved for payment. You will receive a check in the mail for $600 within the next couple of weeks. ($400 max for running boards and $200 max for back up camera)

Andrea

[email protected]
1-800-255-9877
I should have done my own paperwork, but I left the dealership do it :doh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess being in UPS Management over 20 years made me a micro manager, anymore I just do the paperwork myself to make sure the paperwork gets done.

I found out that the main reason claims are being delayed is that the original fax number of the PDF Application on the website is not the correct number to fax claims too. Automobility needs to update that form.

I am lucky that I called them before I faxed the application, so I would call the main office at 1-800-255-9877, to get their new fax number, I have the new number but I can't find it at this time.

Hope that helps our forum friends in the future.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Andrea

[email protected]
1-800-255-9877
did you get your refund check yet? MY dealer dropped the ball & finally faxed my paperwork in on monday :doh:

G

·
I bought my truck a couple weeks ago and they did offer to put in the steps since I have titanium knees....although the steps are a great idea, they're difficult to use...don't seem to be at the right height and I find myself just sliding out onto the ground sometimes rather than trying to hit the steps.

Not knocking Chrysler's offer, (I think it was a wonderful gesture) just commenting on the ease of use of the Nerf bar steps. Oh yeah...they even installed the stainless ones with the black rubber step....nice addition to the white and chrome on the Bighorn.

The backup camera is a great addition, but the clarity of the resolution leaves a lot to be desired. I'm going to see if there's any way they can fix that....seems to be out of focus all the time. There are other discussion threads in this forum on this very subject. Many folks fault the quality of the resolution. Better than nothing...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts