DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call form my Brother Inlaw who is a local tow truck driver.
He called to tell me that this morning he towed a 2011 Ram 5.7 Hemi off a major highway the driver claims that the truck just started coasting down the road and when he applied the gas it just reved up so he hooked it up and went to the local dealer and guess what the outcome was.

The torque converter was completely shot.

Basically what im trying to tell everybody here is if yours is making noise get it looked at fast im glad i did not wait to get mine done

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Got around 17000km on mine and to be honest, exhaust kind of tones out any odd noise I hear so be kind of hard to tell. Would like to listen to her more but its hard..

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
About the only way a torque converter failure would give you no drive at all (neutrals out) is if it EXPLODED or something. A torque converter is a fluid coupling, and the only way you get no drive is if you either lose all the fluid, or destroy all the vanes inside the converter.

The converter problem is a NOISE problem, not a durability problem. I think there is more to the story (in this particular case) than what your brother-in-law was told.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts