DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my engine is worm it the idle tends to drop down and starts to like choke so it seems i can hear it threw the exhaust and it sounds like it is camed the hell out but its not. Even one i have talked to cant seem to figure out what the problems is. Just wanted to see if any one else has ever had this problem, what it is?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine seems to Lope when its cold and when its warm it idles smoother. It does sound likes its cammed. I think my throttle body could use a good cleaning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cleaned my throttle body out. it also smells like its burning really rich. That could be because i bought it with a gutted out cat, and 3in piping the rest of the way out. i have owned all chevy my life im new to the dodge game and what dodges like and dont like. i can not seem to figure out this problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be I.A.C. sensor or another on throttle body called a M.A.P sensor. Do you hear it sucking in air really loud when its doing that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had my head under the hood the other day with a few of my motor head buddys they all said sounded like a bad vacuum leak but found nothing.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the same problem. When its first started or cold it glugs like it's camed and I have to give it a little gas for 20-30secs and then it will go away. If I don't give it gas the rpms are really low and it sometimes stalls. I assumed it was vacuum but cant find any leaks. I hear something that sounds like a leak right in front of the throttle body but cant find it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you go to put your truck into drive does it start to idle just fine. that is what mine does. it is only when i am sitting it park it does this. driving down the road it runs just fine

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah... It goes away with a lil gas or when you start driving the thing. I have got used to it and when its been running awhile it idles fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
see that is were mine is different when she is cold she is find. its when she is wormed up she acts all crazy. its gets real bad thats why im worried. i have this bad feeling that she is going to start "caming" and die and that is going to be the end of her. I am trying to not have that happen. no one seems to know. I am thinking its either fuel injectors, or fuel filter possibly

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Sounds like the intake gasket is leaking at the back of the engine. This is a common issue with the 5.9.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I don't know if will work for you

An old trick to find a vacuum leak is to start your vehicle & let it idle, then lightly spray some WD-40 in short squirts, around any place that may be sucking air, when it finds the leak, it will either rev the motor or make it sputter

Personally i think that i would try some SEA FOAM Treatment in the throttle body & the gas tank only

It could also be something wrong with the Drive by wire system
charcoal canister
gas cap, check it first, a bad gasket will do strange things
throttle position sensor
etc.

Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts