DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a stock 20" Rim that they would be willing to sell? I'll put a pic of which one it is.
Somebody was either trying to steal my rims and tires or somebody doesn't like me and loosened my lugs up, but while I was driving down the road my tire and rim deciding to fly off down the highway and destroy pretty much everything on my left rear side. So now that I worked on my truck all night I'm in need of a new rim. Anybody got one? Well here's a pic and what my truck used to look like ;[

G

·
What the heck???? Any idea why this happened?

Did you re-torque the wheel after you put them back on???

Good luck with finding a rim.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no clue, I think somebody was trying to steal them and left early, or somebody just loosened them up to be jerks. Because there is no way all 5 of my lug nuts just happened to "come loose" on their own, and I'm not one to do a half-ass job on anything on my truck so I know I didn't leave them loose. Anyways, I was just driving down the road and BOOM there goes the rim and tire and my rotor hits the ground. I could say I was pretty pissed. I spent all night working in the middle of the road... I've replaced everything and now just need the new rim, I have a full size spare with a 285/75 tire and the rest are 35s so it rides a bit weird lol.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
If no one comes through , it may be time to go to a junk yard . I just checked a junk yard I have dealt with in the past . 20" steel wheel -$125.00 , 20" Chrome Clad - $175.00 , 20" polished aluminum -$195.00 . Hopefully that will help ya out . Good luck . Tom

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man. Where is that place located? I was just thinking that this little incident is a good excuse to buy my new rims. Ive been wanting some black 20" SRTs. I found a set of 20 inch gloss black SRT replicas for $750. I don't know if I should buy the rim and paint it and all that mess or should I just get the new rims and sell my remaining 3 stock ones? What is yalls opinion?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had something simalar happen to me years ago in a Beretta car. All the lugs on the right front tire were loose and did not know this till was going down a long step hill and my front brakes would not grab at all. Thank God my e-brake worked or I very well would have become worm food that day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks man. Where is that place located? I was just thinking that this little incident is a good excuse to buy my new rims. Ive been wanting some black 20" SRTs. I found a set of 20 inch gloss black SRT replicas for $750. I don't know if I should buy the rim and paint it and all that mess or should I just get the new rims and sell my remaining 3 stock ones? What is yalls opinion?
First thing I did when I got my new rims was get 2 sets of locking lugs and have Discount Tire torque my lugs down. I had a similiar situation happen once when my new girl friends ex decided to get even by loosing all my lugnuts on my Gran Torino...needless to say I loosed a few of his teeth afterwards. :box:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First thing I did when I got my new rims was get 2 sets of locking lugs and have Discount Tire torque my lugs down. I had a similiar situation happen once when my new girl friends ex decided to get even by loosing all my lugnuts on my Gran Torino...needless to say I loosed a few of his teeth afterwards. :box:
Nice. I have a pretty good idea of who did it. Needless to say after I get done with his ford, he's gonna wish he hadn't of touched mine. Lol His month old mud grapplers are gonna be hurtin a bit after I cut them all and then his hood and whole drivers side will look really nice after I pour the rest of my aircraft remover on his shiny red paint. Wow payback is gonna feel awesome. Lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had something simalar happen to me years ago in a Beretta car. All the lugs on the right front tire were loose and did not know this till was going down a long step hill and my front brakes would not grab at all. Thank God my e-brake worked or I very well would have become worm food that day.

Jeez. that would not have ended well! Luckily I felt mine in time and it didn't flip my whole truck on the freeway! It could've been much much worse!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have two 20" aluminum wheels, one has a little scarring...but...
I'm having a hard enough time selling two, so I won't split them up.

But, I want $200 for both of them plus shipping, and I'll figure that out.

Let me know if your interested. Would be perfect since you're going to paint them anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts