DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a factory radio that works with steering wheel controls, 6disk changer and with AUX plug.
I currently have the 6 disk changer radio but would like one with the AUX plug.
My truck is a 2007. Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
I think there should be 3 letters on the face of the radio in the lower right corner around the tuning knob
If you have them, what are they

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
I tried to find the list of radios that came in the 2006, 2007, 2008 Ram 1500s
The same list for the Heavy Duty Rams would be for 2007 - 2009

I asked what radio you currently had, so i could find the letters of the better radios

I did find a post from another website for Dodges, i can't post the website name on this site.

Here is what they thought

It will be a direct swap. You want REF (RAK is the same as RAQ except it adds a cassette player). Might want to get a later year model that has the front auxillary port so you could connect an Ipod to give you a variety of music. You wont loose your sub woofer as that is powered by the extenal amp located behind the kick panel on the right front side. The amplifier takes the four channels from the radio and splits it into eight (2 dash, 2 front,2 rear with inline crossover for tweeter and 2 channels for the sub).

P.S. You'll need a T10 Torx to undo Chrylsers proprietary antenna connector from the back of the radio.

The REC Navigation unit will work with the VES system.

I pulled out my RAQ yesterday and put in a used REF unit from an '05 Grand Cherokee. Got it off Ebay for $80.00. Works like a charm and the sub for some reason sounds meatier. Not sure why. Maybe the sound shaping between the RAQ and REF is a bit different. The only big difference between the two units is now I don't have the scrolling song title/message function that some of the radio stations do. Never-the-less I hope this CD player doesn't fail as frequently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My father's ram also had issues with his radio. You can't adjust the volume of the radio and he endured that for a year but I can't stand the volume. What I did is I ordered online so that it would be cheaper and I asked our mechanic to fix it.Saved me couple of dollars.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Aux jack, nav (if you want it), works like factory with amp and steering wheel controls (because it is factory). Can aux your music in or load via USB to the internal hard drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magnoom,,,Is it basically plug and play into my existing wiring? What year is your truck that you had it in
I know a little dash modification is required. How much?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My father's ram also had issues with his radio. You can't adjust the volume of the radio and he endured that for a year but I can't stand the volume. What I did is I ordered online so that it would be cheaper and I asked our mechanic to fix it.Saved me couple of dollars.
I'm not having any issues, I just basically want an AUX plug for my phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aux jack, nav (if you want it), works like factory with amp and steering wheel controls (because it is factory). Can aux your music in or load via USB to the internal hard drive.

Is it basically plug and play into my existing wiring? What year is your truck that you had it in

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is it basically plug and play into my existing wiring? What year is your truck that you had it in

Not mine, generic pic. I have one in a Magnum. You would need the adapter harness for all functions to work correctly (they didn't start putting them in vehicles from the factory until 2008). Not only does it allow the retrofit, but also unlocks all features and adds a few (multiple cameras, etc). The pic I posted the existing bezel was cut (you can see what's left of the half rounds if you look close), conversely you could get an 06-08 nav bezel with a filler panel. Once installed it works like factory because it is; uses factory amp, steering wheel controls, etc. You can add a backup cam (plus 3 more if you wanted) as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested in a factory radio that works with steering wheel controls, 6disk changer and with AUX plug.
I currently have the 6 disk changer radio but would like one with the AUX plug.
My truck is a 2007. Thanks
Does the current radio work? Check out the site I posted earlier, if they don't have it in stock, they MAY be able to add an AUX port to yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts