DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not take the tailgate assist mod one step further and come up with a way to drop the tailgate from inside the cab?How many times when backing up to a dock you have two make two trips before you get it right?It can't get too expensive but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out something.What do you think or am I just :4-looney:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Never thought about a camera.So much for that.The Ex lift would keep it from slamming down and there already is the electric release.I guess the camera option killed

Maybe one of my next mods.....is the camera avaiable for the Express?

·
Registered
19 Posts
that was my first thought too. but i think what he implied when he said " take the tailgate assist mod to another level" is that it would not just slam down, but have some sort of a snubber to slow it down.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I don't know what model but it has mp3 jack, cd player Sirius Radio and AM FM.Middle of the road unit I suppose.

Those cameras are kind of spendy aren't they?
Not really. The Lockpick and camera cost me $258 shipped and I installed it myself. It was easy. If you don't have a radio with a 6" touch screen, then forget it because you need at least an RBZ radio to do this mod and that radio will cost you about $400 or more used. You can add a standalone backup cam with its own display for less than $200. There are many on eBay that are universal and will do the job. But the best setup is one that is integrated with the vehicle and works and looks like it came from the factory. My setup does that and more since it has features like camera access and nav input while in motion, which the factory system does not allow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts