DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you slide out of your truck, grab the door to close it...AND GET SHOCKED EVERY DAMN TIME!? I am quite concious of this and sometimes put the back of my hand against the door before I close it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Used to get shocked closing the door on my 04. Has'nt happened yet in my 10.

·
Registered
717 Posts
YES! It's a huge pet peave of mine, I hate it! What I do now is put my hand on the metal door and keep it there while my feet touch the ground. Most of the time this solves that problem. Always ground yourself out before pumping gas too or whooof, the spark can and has caused fires!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
What material is your shirt & pants made out of ?
i used to get shocked when i wore a work shirt that was a 50/50 cotton/polyester fabric, i stopped wear those work shirts, now i use 100% cotton

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Gets me every time, kinda cool if you watch it at night.
Just be carefull getting out to pump gas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you slide out of your truck, grab the door to close it...AND GET SHOCKED EVERY DAMN TIME!? I am quite concious of this and sometimes put the back of my hand against the door before I close it.
I get a bit of a shock from my Ram, annoying but no big deal. Rented a cube van on the weekend, got shocked so bad by that one I checked my fingers for singeing!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I use a dragging ground strap, my pacemaker/defibrillator doesn't like static charges.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
I have never been shocked by my door lol. I wear jeans. I guess if I wore a thong It would be a different story. I would be shocking the people around me haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts