DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I had my Ram, my main focus was always comfort & performance over body/exterior. My '06 Fusion had a cracked front bumper, cracked rear bumper, and some of the chrome on the grill was out of place or loose.

This being said I made a decision on my Ram recently, in which I've been wanting to do for 3 years now, since I bought it. Fab Four Black Steel Elite front bumper replacement.

Last week I had decided that I would modify the interior and outfit my Express with a full center console, and then look into an overhead console custom set up with switches for all exterior lights. Living in Fairbanks, AK, I now know that the shops around here will GLADLY install parts that the customer brings in. In the lower 48, most shops don't let you do that, at least all of them where I was in WA. That being said, the shop that is doing my bumper said that anything I want installed, they can take a look at it and see if they have the tools and capabilities to do so.

To cap off this little information rant, I convinced my wife to let me do the bumper because I've been wanting it for so long, and had the opportunity to do it. The console w/ bezel is half the cost and would only take a few months of saving to get, and after that the overhead set up would be maybe a months worth of saving to get, and the leveling kit/install is another two months or so.

Pics of the bumper will be coming when it gets here. Like I said, in AK. Its going to be 3-4 weeks before its here then a day at the shop.

Thanks for reading, any comments, feedback, etc. is welcome, I love input.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Thanks for sharing and a Great Read :smileup:

Did you know that you can start a thread to showcase your projects !

You'll always have an easy time finding it and We get to follow along :smileup:

Just click on the link below;
http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you know that you can start a thread to showcase your projects !
I plan on it once I get the ball rolling again. Once the bumper is on, I'm going to post the existing pictures of my exhaust, cold air intake, whatever else I put on there, and find somewhere in the woods to take a nice picture of her for my profile pic.

Was thinking if I could get a decent spot next to the airfield on base I'd try and get a pic with an Apache hovering in the background.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Was thinking if I could get a decent spot next to the airfield on base I'd try and get a pic with an Apache hovering in the background.
I like the way you think ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Which base is that in Alaska? I stopped through Elmendorf doing a Space-A flight out of Japan in 2012.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts