DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Looking into replacing my factory speakers. Curious if anyone has updated theirs. Is the door panel easily removed? What size are the factory speakers? Thanks!:att:

·
Registered
12,860 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I find the factory speakers are actually pretty darn ggod on the Ram's. My other vehicle is an '11 Suzuki Grand Vitara and the speakers are the WORST. Sounds like two tweeters stuffed inside a Kleenex box :LOL:

I am sure you could fit some pretty nice 5" or 8" in the door. And the storage comparment under the back seat will fit a sub quite nicely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i use crutchfield.com when i buy anything like that and its easy and they will help u every step of the way.... give it a look.... i jsut ordered 4 polk DS for my truck and ill buy a head unit when i get home in feb

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did all of my speakers, door panels are easy to remove. The speakers are 6x9's in the crewcab on all four doors. Not sure on the quadcab rears. My truck did not have the Alpine system. I used Boston Acoustics throughout, their 6x9's fit great as they have a neo magnet which saves lots of space. They sound really good too, but unless you add an amp I wouldn't buy anything that takes a lot of power. Here are some pics from my doors..

Front:

Rears:

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can either 6x9 or 6.5 in the doors, The doors are easy to remove, you will see a lil hidden door behind the handle, pop that and take out phillip screw, now around the outside of the door you will notice allen head screws pull those, now pop any plastic piece off thats above the door plastic, pick up door panel straight, be carefull to remove elctrical clip from power windows behind door panel, thats pretty much it, simple not very hard at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts