DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a 2010 1500 4x4 Hemi with stock 20" tires and Bilsteing 5100 adjustables set on 2.8 can you measure from the ground to the top center wheel well opening and let me know the measurement? Side to side, mine seems to have about a 1/2" difference.???????? Maybe it just needs some time to settle???
Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just read your message, and when i did a different type of shock back in 05 I noticed that problem. I called the place I ordered from and they had me ride it around a bit so I took it to my favorite fishing hole and home, done ..it was not even a noticeable dif after that. Just my 02. cents

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100 + views and only 1 response. Thanks for all the help guys. I hope I can be as helpful to y'all sometime in the future!
Jay

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
100 + views and only 1 response. Thanks for all the help guys. I hope I can be as helpful to y'all sometime in the future!
Jay
Your welcome. I am def going with the Bilsteins in a couple weeks. I plan to install them at next to highest setting and hope to achieve a slight rake still for towing purposes.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mods,
Thanks for moving this thread---I sure as hell wasn't getting any help where it was posted--which I have found is not unusal. Maybe I need to learn the secret word or handshake. RANT DONE!!!!
Jay

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Jay
Sorry I didn't post anything when I first viewed this thread.

I do not have Bilstein's installed and am at factory height/suspension in my 2010.

Drivers side - 36 1/8"
Passenger side - 35 7/8"

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Brad-my problem is that after installing the Bilsteins the front end is about 1/2"-3/4" higher on one side compared to the other side. Just trying to decide if maybe I have a weak spring or something.
39" passenger side
38 1/2" on the drivers side
Jay

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Out of curiosity, I moved my truck up the driveway about 3' and got these readings -

Drivers side - 36"
Passenger side - 36 1/8"
Difference - Drivers 1/8" low

So I back out at an angle to drive over the curb, pulled back up to the original spot and got -

Drivers side - 36 1/4"
Passenger side - 35 3/4"
Difference - Drivers 1/2" high

I pulled ahead 3' and -

Drivers side - 36 1/4"
Passenger side - 36 1/4"
Difference - None

I backed up the 3' and -

Drivers side - 36 1/8"
Passenger side - 36 1/4"
Difference - Drivers 1/8" low

Conclusion - A tape measure is the wrong tool for the job. LOL
In all cases, I looked at the front of the truck from a distance of about 30' and the truck looked fine. It appears that a difference of +/- 1/2" is normal. :4-dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.