DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this may be of some use for those thinking about a new exhaust. After much research, I put an MBRP S5146409 exhaust on my truck. I made a comparison video showing the before and after sounds with driving around and with no exhaust. Hopefully this helps out anyone looking for a new exhaust.

Overall I am extremely happy with the results! It is slightly louder than stock when idling and driving down the highway, but when you want to make your presence known it is there!

There is no interior drone and it is only slightly louder on the inside when driving down the highway. The only annoying part is when in MDS mode it sounds like there is a misfire, but luckily shifting into manual mode removes that and so does the tuner.

Any questions please let me know!

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXsVbtDiVrE&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
145 Posts
that first pull with the new system brought a smile to my face. sounds like what ive been looking for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are more than welcome! I had to have watched 100 different comparison videos before making my choice. I feel for the money the MBRP cannot be beat. Hopefully this helps somebody make a good choice in the future!

·
Registered
150 Posts
thanks 4 sharing.......:smileup:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Can I just replace the muffler or do i need the complete system

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
MBRP doesn't sell just there mufflers, however we can get you a killer deal on a complete kit, there are some advantages to running a complete kit too, you get new tip(s), better steal, larger diameter pipes, muffler, plus all the R&D that goes into to the kit to make it perform optimal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going along with what bully said MBRP really did a goo job on this kit. You can get the entire kit for not much more money than a Borla or flow master muffler. It is all stainless and has a lifetime warranty so it is definitely worth the money. Plus you can sell or scrap your stock exhaust and get some decent money since it is also stainless.

Pull the trigger, you won't regret it. Supposedly it will help with gas mileage too but I haven't been able to keep my foot out of it!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I will call u in the am ,,, thanks,,,

·
Registered
834 Posts
sorry bully i didn't have time today and didn't see the email until now
great price i will call u in the am with the payment info
Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Done deal,,,,, Bully gave me a great deal,,,can't wait

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You made a good choice! Just a word of advice if you have trouble getting the clamps off the muffler don't be afraid to cut them off with a cutoff wheel. I had to do that on mine since they were rusted on pretty well!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks for the advice,,, can't wait ,,,

·
Registered
834 Posts
Ok mine came today thanks to Bullys Performance,, great service and a great deal..
As far as the sound,,,, too words.... F-ing Great

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Ok mine came today thanks to Bullys Performance,, great service and a great deal..
As far as the sound,,,, too words.... F-ing Great
Glad you are liking it! If you need anything else let us know we can get most things to you very quick :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
You know it ,,,,,thanks again

1 - 20 of 27 Posts