DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it,s march and it was 80 here today so i decided to play hookie, and install the clear mopar cab lights, i had sitting in my garage for 2 months. Pretty straight forward install but. always a but. the 2011's have a different TIPM. and the Directions are always written for 2009 and up. the only real snag i had beside droping a screw behind the pass side rear panel when i was putting the headliner back up. 1:30 min later. WAS.... Wiring the one green wire in. the directions call for it to be wired into connector G(C7) pin 50 wt/lg. well pin 50 is wt/yl. pin 49 is wt/lg. well i knew from the get go the direction were probably wrong. but seeing it was close to pin 50 i used pin 49. no go. tried pin 50 nope. called the parts guy? no clue. he gave me mopar's number. called on hold. hung up. got out volt meter. Pin 6 wt/br. now the lights work. the only question i have? should the lights flash when i lock and unlock my truck? my doesn't. just wondering.

At night.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would you be willing to part with your template? Is even pay for you to ship it to me then I would ship it back. Reason being I bought a set of smoked led can lights and of course....no template. I would be very VERY thankful lol

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gyn the clear looks really food with all that chrome to btw.

Thanks for the vid tootall, I'll definitely check it out. I still think I'd feel a little better with the factory template ya know?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I don't think they are supposed to flash when you unlock or lock your truck...mine don't anyway...but I don't see it as a problem long as they work! I love the cab lights. Even though we don't drive HD I think they add a nice styling touch.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Bubba pm me your address. I'll pull the templet out of the trash and see if it's any good.
I'll let you know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is there such thing as to many lights?! Lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gys...you are the man!!! I'd give you rep points if I knew how from my phone

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks good. Only thing I don't think I'd do is the mud flaps....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yeah I know...it was my overkill of the day. Had a lot of spare time and some spare LED's so I just did it. They look alright at night.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Those have a really nice pop to them! Really sets the truck apart.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bubba it's in prety bad shape when I have some time tonight I'll snap a pic of it. I'll let you decide if you want it or not.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bubba you get those light installed. I think a pic of the used template on your truck would be spot on. And a after pic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts