DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Number one, don't use octane boost. Ever! Octane boost dries out and eats rubber o-rings and seals. You will wreck your fuel system in no time.

Number two, it generally takes a few days (depending on how much you drive) for the tune to set in. It takes time for the computer to learn it and settle into the the truck. Drive it around for a while and see how it feels then.

Also, if you are running 91 octane plus the booster why did you only put it on the 87 tune? :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Yup, what gonefishin776 said ^^

Install the tuner again with the 91 tune and give it a couple days to settle in. Then see how it feels and what the truck does. You also have to remember it will break in gradually.... you aren't going to see a huge jump all of the sudden. But once it is installed and working properly going back to stock is terrible. That's where you do notice it jump down.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I'm not totally familiar with how the Trinity works. I believe there's a setting for a timer that will turn it off 1 minute after the truck shuts off. Maybe look through the settings and see what you can find. Otherwise I'm sure the instructions should tell you.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I run the 93 tune with 91 gas. A definite difference is MPG and power.
Recipe for disaster!!!
Ya that's what I'm thinking ^^.... bighemi04, you never run a lower octane gas than your tune. You're just asking for trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if you're already knocking like crazy....

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Think he meant 91+ tune with 93 Octane, I run 87+ tune with 91 Octane
sorry. i meant the opposite. i run the 91 tune with 93 gas lol
Haha okay, that's good to hear :smiley_thumbs_up: After I posted I figured that's probably what you meant I was just too lazy to go back and edit my post :LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.