DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed that one of my HID lights that I installed about 3 years ago was going dim, so I replaced both of them. It worked and both of them are bright now. But when I hooked the battery back up and went to get in the truck the check engine light was on, the ABS light was on, the E brake light was on even when I took the E brake off, and the Speedometer doesn't work now. I tried to let the truck run for 30 minutes thinking the computer had to restart, but everything stayed the same. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I have unhooked the battery before without problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
How long was the battery unhooked for? I know if the voltage is low enough, all that stuff will go haywire so it's possible it lost some charge while unhooked. unhook it, have it charged and the try again. if still not solving anything try unhooking ur hids. hooking the battery up then installing them. good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just went to autozone and had them check the battery and they said it was fine and had good power. I think the system has to be reset. Talked to a mechanic and they said this thing is common. Gonna take it to Dick Edwards Monday and see what they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts