DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to if it was worth the work I did tb polishing and opening to 52mm but where do I get blades and taking the intake back off is easy but worth? My first dodge but I'm starting to turn to a ram head fairly fast there simple but strong and you guys have these engines down to a science y'all helped me figure the plenum issues I had thanks iv wanted to turn this truck into a sleeper iv bought MSd coil wires cap and rotor exaust and eyeing a root for it If any suggestions please tell

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wanted to if it was worth the work I did tb polishing and opening to 52mm but where do I get blades and taking the intake back off is easy but worth? My first dodge but I'm starting to turn to a ram head fairly fast there simple but strong and you guys have these engines down to a science y'all helped me figure the plenum issues I had thanks iv wanted to turn this truck into a sleeper iv bought MSd coil wires cap and rotor exaust and eyeing a root for it If any suggestions please tell
kegger is a trade off... you take power from below 5,000 rpm and move it up above 5,000 rpm... period... if you remove any more thsan3/4 of an inch you will notice more torque loss and normal driving range... its good at WOT though...

50mm is the diy since the butterfly plates are already 50mm and there is just a 47mm bottleneck to dremel out above them....

52 is overkill unless you have some real mods to make things flow like roller rockers or heads..and takes machinery to do it right..

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK my opinion, from what I have researched and I have done alot! Yes kegger mod is a trade off BUT it is very little. I have done the kegger mod No I have not installed yet (wating for good weather) you lose a little torque and gain in upper rpm but no where near 5000 rpm. by the time the truck hits 5000 you will be over 100 mph where the hell you going? tranny shifts at about 4500 rpm. You can cut an inch to an inch and a half off the runners on the 5.9 less for the 5.2 and remove the center divider. As for the TB spend the money and get a fastman TB for the $260 price tag atleast it will save the aggravation if you mess it up. It is suggested to use the 50mm on the 5.2 and the 52mm on the 5.9 UNLESS truck is doing alot of towing then use the 50mm. My suggestion to you is do a crap load of research on these before you tear into this. Also get a used kegger $50 from a bone yard, modding the keg is a time consuming task. This way truck has no down time. This is just my opinion But like I said do research and when you think you have done enough research do it again. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts