DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the only thing my ram was missing was a flip down dvd for the kids. It has the one in the dash but that's pretty useless for the kids in the back. Plus there's that whole park issue. Rather than have the dealer install the$1100.00 unit I decided to buy one on Ebay and install it myself. I'll post some picture in my account of the process. After I figured out that there's no jacks behind the radio to plug in I decided to just install it separate from the radio. Turns out if you go that route it's a fairly simple process.
the only advantage to having tied to the radio would have been it could have played a dvd from there. Turns out it's better to play the dvd in the unit itself through the rf headphone. That way I can still use the radio. If need be it does have an FM transmitter if we need it.
I'm into the whole project for a $150.00. Can't really beat that. It almost looks factory too!

Does anyone know if it could have been tied into the radio?

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nice install, I did the same on my last truck. I went to the dealer and quote the price for the rear dvd unit for my 2011 and I give up right on the spot, around 1.000,00 for the unit without installation. Going aftermarket for sure.Thanks for the pics!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
dvd player

i just put a form tread out on how to do this. did you have to drop the headliner down? what is the power sorce and did you have to run wires down the side pillers with air bags there, it looks great! thanks scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts