DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a k40 radar detector that I had spliced into my old vehicle so it turns on whenever my vehicle is on. My friend did it in my old car and he has since moved. I am looking to do it myself however have no clue how to. Any help?

·
Registered
34 Posts
well i have done this before. i recommend a inline fuse. i wired mine into the 12v power supply on my 06 ram. i installed a switch, and a 10 amp fuse. if you wire into this 12v power supply it stays on all time. thats why i hooked switch in. i go up into virginia alot from tn and up there radar detectors are illegal. so i can switch it off. its mounted up high so hard to see. you could also wire it in to regular cigarette lighter as long as it dont stay on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can tap it in to the power rear mirror supply. Use a meter and figure out which terminals are switched 12VDC and the correct polarity. As for fusing it I wouldnt bother, it draws such a small current its not an issue. Detector would fry long before a 10A fuse blew. Just unhook the detector if your ever getting a boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts