DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the stuff I ordered is finally all here. I got a fantastic deal on my magnaflow stuff, I ordered 2 22" Magnapacks, an x pipe, and two dual wall 4" tips. $366 shipped!

I also ordered some right angle o2 extensions from Big Daddie's Garage for $60 shipped.

Last but definitely not least, I ordered long tubes from American Racing Headers. The customer service was pretty bad..and one of the mid pipes is a bit dented..after all the good stuff I've heard, I expected more from them, especially after paying an outrageous amount of money for damaged headers.

Here's a picture of everything unpacked

I'm gonna try to get it installed within the next couple of days. I can see one little problem..I assumed the y pipe provided would be two 2.5" into a 3", so I figured my 2.5" x pipe would replace it nicely. turns out its two 3" into a 3"...So I'm not sure how that x pipe will fit onto the pipes. Wish me luck :smileup:

I will try to get a video up and a full review as soon as its all installed :D

Reactions: age525

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a muffler shop will take care of that for you...are you keepin cats on?
are those dimples cats?
Well that's good to know, one less worry!

Yep, I ordered the ones with the high flow cats. I don't know much about cats..but they look really restrictive..sorta like a honeycomb? I should have take a picture of them, I can still do it later on this evening.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I believe it's high flow cats..i've seen them on the obx's...for your xpipe, a muffler guy will have a reducer to get the pipes to match up...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeh man your gonna make some good power with this setup great choices all around and its gonna sound mean! This is exactly what i would have suggested you did good!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, update for you guys! My dad and I worked on it for about 2 hours..we did a tire rotation, removed the entire exhaust, and did the passenger side headers. We were working on the driver's side but it got late. PICS!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Every time I see a picture of the stock vs long tube header I never ask why I should get new headers I ask how soon can I get them.

Awesome pics, hope the rest of the install goes smooth for you! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeh u are gonna have loads of fun with the dipstick! And you am need to cut the 3in mid pipe.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Speaking of the dipstick..how do you deal with it? Can you remove it or rebend it or what?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yeh I re bent the tube to fit up an bolt to a header bolt closests to the bracket on the tube there's no way you are gonna get the one bolt at the bottom back in.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Headers are installed! Here's the drivers side.

I'm at the exhaust shop now, they're welding my old magnaflow y pipe onto my header y pipe to make an x pipe. He didn't want to weld the x pipe I bought..oh well! Videos coming tonight! :D

Oh, and no codes yet, fingers crossed :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The headers were shipped to me for $1,550.

I haven't driven it much, and I haven't accelerated from a stop yet, but I could hardly believe how fast it is from 85-100. I was cruising at 65, stepped on it a little bit to make it downshift, and then floored it from 85 mph and it was fast. I can't wait to do a bit more driving.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You did it right I love my exhaust its badass, looks nice congrats

1 - 20 of 86 Posts