DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to anyone that knows
Does anyone know if there is any other place to purchase the U Connect Module other than the dealer? How does it install? is it just a plug in or does it get complicated.
Thanks
ncboxman:str:

·
Registered
119 Posts
its a little complicated. you must have the media center 130 that does am/fm/sat and has the buttons for voice rec and phone. it is my understanding that the unit just needs a module that plugs into the back of the unit, but also requires the micophone to be installed as well. traditionally the mic gets installed into the rearview mirror, but for you would be installed into the dash to save money...

no aware of any aftermarket kits, but my advice would be to swap out the whole unit for one that comes from best buy/ future shop as the mopar unit will run you into the $900 range and you will still be stuck with the factory radio.

·
Registered
801 Posts
you can find the kit online for about $250 - $300. (82212159) It will come with the module, mic and harness. The install is not difficult and would take about 1 -2 hrs depending on your abilities.
After the install you will need to go to the dealer and have them flash the vehicle for Uconnect. They will generally charge you 1/2 hr to flash (about $50)
If you do end up purchasing a kit, you will also want the optional iPod / USB cable (PN 82212160) even if you don't plan on using an iPod. This cable will be needed for any SW updates to be performed to Uconnect.
If you would like to look at the install instructions, PM me with an email address and I can send you a copy.
Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you send me the install instructions?

If I buy a used module with all the wires. Do I still need to get it flashed by the dealer?

thanks

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
1) Which instructions are you looking for? A radio with or without the Uconnect buttons?
2) A used module may work but it will depend on the CAN Speed & year of the module, also if your radio has the Uconnect buttons on it.

Can you send me the install instructions?

If I buy a used module with all the wires. Do I still need to get it flashed by the dealer?

thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
i picked up a non nov touch screen radio on craigslist......$150!! installing it next week

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installing Uconnect module

you can find the kit online for about $250 - $300. (82212159) It will come with the module, mic and harness. The install is not difficult and would take about 1 -2 hrs depending on your abilities.
After the install you will need to go to the dealer and have them flash the vehicle for Uconnect. They will generally charge you 1/2 hr to flash (about $50)
If you do end up purchasing a kit, you will also want the optional iPod / USB cable (PN 82212160) even if you don't plan on using an iPod. This cable will be needed for any SW updates to be performed to Uconnect.
If you would like to look at the install instructions, PM me with an email address and I can send you a copy.
Hope this is helpful.
I need help finding instructions please. I am new to this forum and it will not let me PM you. I am actually going to see if I can find one in a truck that has been wrecked and pull it out for any cheaper. But need to figure out for sure what I am unplugging and what all I need to take out. TIA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts