DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 dodge ram 4 door slt 4.7 L. have 126000 miles on it (pampered) and have a problem. the instrument cluster went dead and the multifunction switch is dead. where would i start to diagnose this problem?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Check Fuse 18 (15A fuse). It's needed for both. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L with 126000 miles. the instrument dinged and flashed many times then completely died. wipers, dome light, head lights etc dont work either. tipm? relay? help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked all fuses and found none blown. i have read more about my problem and found that the entire fuse box may be bad. how do i test this unit or what am i looking for to determine its health. additionally, i cannot find this part online. where can you buy this part if i have to replace it? thanx for the help.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The IPM (AKA Fuse Box) is actually a computer that handles the power distribution which is why it is populated with all the fuses and relays. Over time, intermittents show up because of moisture causing corrosion and can cause some of weirdest problems, so I like to encourage some basic maintenance of these connections before spending a bunch of $ on new parts that may exhibit a working condition by coincidence alone.

Did you pull Fuse 18 and re-install? This action would cycle the fuse contacts and help ensure proper connection. Another important test would be to use a volt meter or test light to determine if power exists on both sides of the fuse when it's in place.

Also, I highly recommend pulling all the big connectors off the IPM and re-installing them to cycle the connections. Many issues have been successfully repair by this action. Just remember to have the battery disconnected prior to working on the IPM connectors. It gets offended if you don't. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gauge cluster out

I am having the same issue with my cluster. I have already soldered a jumper on the bus line for my tail lights on the card in the fuse box (PDC). i am pretty certain that the problem is coming from there so my next step is to just bite the bullet and replace the PDC. I found the dealer wants $642 plus tax and labor for the part but I have found it online for $200 less. Does anyone know if this has to be programed as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2002 dodge ram 4 door slt 4.7 L. have 126000 miles on it (pampered) and have a problem. the instrument cluster went dead and the multifunction switch is dead. where would i start to diagnose this problem?
Did u ever find the problem. Mine is doing the same thing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts