DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a cold air intake for my dodge. as i have installed a second battery where k&n would normaly put the box for theirs. im trying to do a custom job cheaply. under $100.

the second thing im having issues with is the dang airbag light. i have checked my airbags and replaced my clockspring. i have replaced both seatbelt sensors (i forgot what they are called) i had to dig into the seats to get to them. im hesitant to replace the ACM because i dont want to set the airbags off. but i dont want to pay the $800 that the dealer wants to replace it. what is my next step? does anyone know how to test the ACM without it being connected to the air bags?

third. i want to lift my dodge 2-3 inches for more clearance for tires and such. however i need advice on a good system for this truck. i dont want some cheap kit that doesnt work well. however i do need something that is easy to install. im not a basic mechanic. im more advanced. however i would perfer a bolt on kit not a weld on kit.

thanks in advance all.

cookiemonster

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey cookiemonster, I bought my intake off of ebay for $40, and I love it! Its stainless with blue hoses. They also make some intakes that come off of your intake manifold and go straight, as if you had a ram air hood. Pull up cold air intake on ebay and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah that tube is a vac line, there should be a nub for it on the aftermarket intake. If you bought Spectre modular parts (I assume that's what you mean by "kit" parts) there should be some sort or adapter piece for the vac line...though I don't know as I've never used them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts