DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2014 Ram Big Horn Crew 4x2 Hemi.

I use the truck for every day driving mostly city
I do not plan on racing, dragging with the truck.

Can my fellow Hemi owners give me some advice on how to get the best performance, MPG out of the Hemi.

I am looking at Intake, Throttle Body, Tuner.

ALSO what kind of spray in bed liner and side steps would anyone recommend

Thank You,

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hi, Can you give us a general budget, so we can blast it out of the water? :50: Var

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm running:
Vararam intake - Ordered from Bulley's Performance.
87mm TB - Ordered from Bulley's Performance.
Diablo Sport I-1000- DCX Tuner- purchased from HemiFever

I am extremely happy with all three of my purchases and how they run well together.

You can do some research on these products right here on the forumZ or out in the real world as well.

I only mention the vendors to let you know that they are good folks to work with and treated me well… but you can get all of this stuff from any vendor you want.

There are vendors on this site that offer discounts to forum members so do your homework for the best deals.

My truck came with factory liner but if I were to do it again I'd consider a bedrug… very cool!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Right now there are lots of good products out there to choose from I would personally have to Recommend the LMI Short Ram intake or Mid Tube, with a T1000 or Intune-DCX, and a 87MM ported throttle body, we can do a pretty sweet deal for you on this package, feel free to email us to [email protected] or visit either one of the LMI product pages

LMI Midtube 09-14 Ram 5.7L starting at just $219.49 for the intake, $595 for the Intake and the 87mm ported throttle body, and $1095 for the intake+TB+T1000 tuner.

or
LMI Short Ram intake (09-14 Ram 5.7L) starting at just $257.49 for the intake, $633 for the Intake and the 87mm ported throttle body, and $1133 for the intake+TB+T1000 tuner.

If you have any questions or would like more information or pricing on any product feel free to ask in our vendor section, PM us or email us :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a Line-X spray in bed liner and really like it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have heard good things about the vararam as stated before but I run the Volant powercore CAI and love it so cant go wrong with either one.

as for tuner I use the bullydog GT tuner and while I absolutely love it (for a canned tuner) I would go back and get the hemifever diablo tunner so I could load custom tunes. just incase you wanted to know though....I got about 2-3 mpg increase with the bullydog and definite power increase in hp and torque, ive had It on for about 50,000 miles and no problems.

good luck with the mods :smileup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't forget a muffler!!! Our trucks love Magnaflow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Right now there are lots of good products out there to choose from I would personally have to Recommend the LMI Short Ram intake or Mid Tube, with a T1000 or Intune-DCX, and a 87MM ported throttle body, we can do a pretty sweet deal for you on this package, feel free to email us to [email protected] or visit either one of the LMI product pages

Thanks
Jeremiah
How come there is no option for a dodge ram on your site? I put in my year(14), then make(dodge), but then there is no option for a ram. Being that you are all over the ram forum, why no option for a ram truck?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
try using RAM for the make. Im sure the guys at bully's made the site so nothing past 2011(I think) is dodge

·
Registered
55 Posts
try using RAM for the make. Im sure the guys at bully's made the site so nothing past 2011(I think) is dodge
Thanks, that did the trick! I never would have thought of that because "ram" obviously isn't a "make", and you have to scroll way past dodge to find it..hmmm, thanks for the tip!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Thanks for helping him macc08. Ram has actually been its own division since 2011, so that is the correct manufacturer to find it under. You will have to look at Bully's Specialty Items, https://bullysperformance.com/bullys-specialty-items-54146/, if you wish to see the throttle body's and catch cans!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Thanks, that did the trick! I never would have thought of that because "ram" obviously isn't a "make", and you have to scroll way past dodge to find it..hmmm, thanks for the tip!:smileup:

no problem!

In 2011 Ram became a seperate entity from Dodge, so I guess therefore, it technically is a "make" now instead of a model, and the model is the 1500/2500/3500 etc...

glad you got it figured out though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
no problem!

In 2011 Ram became a seperate entity from Dodge, so I guess therefore, it technically is a "make" now instead of a model
Wow, they did that? Where have i been lol? i never even heard about the change..wonder what the story is behind it? Thats like making a corvette its own maker, instead of chevrolet.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Legal purposes and brand protection is my guess, so now you have Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and SRT, vs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler/Dahmler if you want to go back even farther, Plymouth used to be in there too, however they have been gone for a while now. Part of the reason for breaking it (at least my understanding is) is so that if sales on one tank they can kill it off without it affecting the others as bad, so for instance instead of Dodge owning Ram, SRT Viper, SRT Challenger, and SRT Charger, Dodge is just Dodge, and Ram is just Ram and SRT is just SRT, so if SRT sales go to crap they can kill the SRT branded cars off, if Ram goes to hell they can do away with it.

I could be completely wrong however this is how it was once explained to me, I am sure someone who knows more about the details will chime in and explain it better than me though :LOL:

thanks
Jeremiah

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Legal purposes and brand protection is my guess, so now you have Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and SRT, vs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep or Chrysler/Dahmler if you want to go back even farther, Plymouth used to be in there too, however they have been gone for a while now. Part of the reason for breaking it (at least my understanding is) is so that if sales on one tank they can kill it off without it affecting the others as bad, so for instance instead of Dodge owning Ram, SRT Viper, SRT Challenger, and SRT Charger, Dodge is just Dodge, and Ram is just Ram and SRT is just SRT, so if SRT sales go to crap they can kill the SRT branded cars off, if Ram goes to hell they can do away with it.

I could be completely wrong however this is how it was once explained to me, I am sure someone who knows more about the details will chime in and explain it better than me though :LOL:

thanks
Jeremiah

makes sense to me!

However, I doubt the RAM will ever tank :smileup:

:LOL:

·
Registered
104 Posts
For bedliners I got Linex, always have had Linex, however that depends on a dealer in your area. A friend of mine got a Rhino lining, looks good not sure how it holds up though.

For me I have the Intune from Diablosport, Airraid CAI, but there are lots of good CAIs out there, matter of preference and what you hear. Thrush muffler, always had these before, great sound even with the resonators. I just ordered a 87 MM throttle body and JBA shorty headers, can't wait to get these in.

I'm getting the headers installed by a local company that suggested the JBAs, thicker flange I am told. They quoted 6 hours of work, some of the posts around here on header installs spooked me to get it done my a exhaust company.

Good luck in what you choose, post pics too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I will also say Maganaflow, Vararam, and ported TB. All from Bullys of course...

I ordered a Bak Flip, Maggy 22" muffler and Y-Pipe for my 2014. Bullys has awesome customer service and they took great care of me and will do the same for you.

Next up for me will be, headers, Vararam, and TB... (Hint, Hint on a package deal Bullys) :smileup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts