DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Do the install? Which one?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So now that i saw what Ford has done to add an integrated tailgate step, i started searching for something similar for my ram and found "The Livingstep" tailgate step.

https://www.tailgatestep.com/pictures

You get 2 options. The Surface mount or the drop in.
Surface mount is easy but looks like an add on the one im leaning to is the drop in because after install, it looks flush when not in use and works well when folded out. PLUS it has a 500 lb capacity. It does require some cutting into tailgate and soldering, but looks easy enough.

Check out the link? What do you guys think?

Only concern would be that after install, the tailgate may fill up with water because of the cuts that were made to accommodate the drop in of the step trough... see vids, pics and install instructions to see what I mean.

Other than that, it looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I prefer the Mopar step that folds up under your bumper, but I'm pretty tall and can reach most things from the side of the truck anyway. I've only had to climb up into the bed a handful of times

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I really like mine, i'm a short legged, old, fat guy

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the corner bumper step and the the kind that Chevy integrated into the bumper are good only when the tailgate is closed, but when open, the seem difficult to use.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not a fan of anything mounted on or in a tail gate that can get caught or damaged loading or unloading the vehicle. Never have sold a truck that didn't have a tailgate beat to hell. Worse one was after I was backing up to a loading chute and had a frozen cow pie about a foot from it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts