DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am in need of some help. When I am driving my truck and I come to a stop, about 1 to 1 and half seconds later, the truck feels like someone hit it from behind. It does not do this all the time and I was just out driving it around and couldn't get it to do it. Yesterday the truck was really bad about it, enough that I had to check my rear view mirror to make sure someone didn't hit me. I messed with the trailer brake and that seemed to help but it still does it. I am thinking its either the rear end, transmission or drive shaft. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Premium Member
32,816 Posts
I would almost bet that you have the large gas tank & it is about 1/2 - 3/4 full of gas
If so, get used to it
Some people have stated that shutting off the Hill Holder function lessens the feeling
:4-dontknow: :doh:

· Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,447 Posts
I agree. Its most likely the gas tank. Fill it up and see if it still does it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys for your thoughts. I never thought about that. The tank is in between half and 3/4 full. I also talked to some of my friends here and some of them think it might be my torque converter. Could this possible be the cause as well??

· Registered
415 Posts
Thanks Guys for your thoughts. I never thought about that. The tank is in between half and 3/4 full. I also talked to some of my friends here and some of them think it might be my torque converter. Could this possible be the cause as well??
you described TO-A-TEE what happens when your 1/2 to 3/4 fuel,
its called Fuel Slosh.. nothing you can do about it unfortunately,

defiantly not your torque converter, sounds like your friends are purely spit-balling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.