DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still no solution for this issue, ive tried unhooking the battery overnight so the "computer would reset" and nothing happened.
the problem started when i went to start the truck and let the ignition off early, when i started the vehicle all the interior lights and parking lights started flashing at a speed slightly faster then hazard
light speed even with the ignition off, ive tried switching the relay and nothing changed so the relay is fine. any ideas?

G

·
I can only hazard a guess (no pun intended) on this but I suspect you have a problem in the multi-function switch (turn signal/wiper stalk) or a short in the steering column.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First now long have you own the truck?
A previous owner may have installed a aftermarket alarm system, most alarms will flash the lights.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I agree, depower the alarm and see what happens, sure sounds like it thinks its being stolen, does the horn work? My boy had a Eagle Vision years ago, and the trunk would pop open whenever it wanted, all by itself, in the middle of the day or night, never did figure that one out.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If you have factory keyless entry its prob the body control module, that is a dealer issue sorry to say.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
But if its factory try a Gm trick take dome light fuse. That might help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts