DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a RAM 1500 BigHorn and absolutely love it, but wanted to personalize it a little bit. Does anybody know where you can get the RAM plates on the interior grab handles like you see on the higher end models? If so, are they hollow where they can fit in molding that the BigHorn has? I will attach a picture as a visual aid. Thanks!

B0DBBF94-21A5-423B-BB97-0DAA3334B2DC.jpg

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Those are part of the Laramie panels, not a separate piece

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
buy used door panels from a junk yard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Get some protective film on that new beast. First thing I do when buying a new vehicle is clear film behind the door handle, sill plates, door edges and truck release. Anywhere finger nails scrape and feet kick. Get a 4” wide roll and go to town. You can easily take it off later. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try Main Event Emblems. You might be able to get a custom one done for a really affordable price. I have a Laramie and they are inset into the handle. Does yours have an indent in the handle or just flat? I'll post photos to show what I mean by inset. 20180822_203443_1534988298607.jpg

https://maineventemblems.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine too now that I am looking at them. Looks like the whole door panel will have to come off to install as well. Adding the emblems on all four doors would be quite the task. Looks like you would need a star bit and a trim tool at a minimum. There is an emblem in the glove box as well that would be way easier to add.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get some protective film on that new beast. First thing I do when buying a new vehicle is clear film behind the door handle, sill plates, door edges and truck release. Anywhere finger nails scrape and feet kick. Get a 4” wide roll and go to town. You can easily take it off later. Congrats on the new purchase.
Thanks for the recommendation. My grandfather has a Limited edition and the back of his door handles are all scratched up from finger nails. I think I am going to do that too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try Main Event Emblems. You might be able to get a custom one done for a really affordable price. I have a Laramie and they are inset into the handle. Does yours have an indent in the handle or just flat? I'll post photos to show what I mean by inset. View attachment 81391

I’ll definetly check them out, thanks for your help. I honestly thought that it was just a plate, didn’t realize there’s a lot more to it. It really doesn’t concern me much, just was curious. Here is a picture of mine now. F68591E0-B84B-4135-A439-6634463E9D52.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try Main Event Emblems. You might be able to get a custom one done for a really affordable price. I have a Laramie and they are inset into the handle. Does yours have an indent in the handle or just flat? I'll post photos to show what I mean by inset. View attachment 81391

I’ll definetly check them out, thanks for your help. I honestly thought that it was just a plate, didn’t realize there’s a lot more to it. It really doesn’t concern me much, just was curious. Here is a picture of mine now. View attachment 81445
Ok so there is something there already. I thought maybe it was just a flat surface regular door handle. If you were able to paint the raised letters black or whatever color it would look really good as opposed to chrome emblem. Maybe play around with plast-dip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts